XIV. Please wake up.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN,
Please wake up.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN,Please wake up

6 MONTHS. It had been 6 months since he had last heard her voice. 6 months since he had last looked into her eyes. 6 months without her. And it was absolutely driving Rick Grimes insane.

He didn't want to show how much he cared. No that would look suspicious. But God did he care. It wasn't until she was gone did he realize how much she really meant to him.

The days felt longer without her standing by his side, helping him make decisions based on what was best for the group. Without her contagious smile and laugh flowing through camp everything felt dull. Nothing was the same.

Hope Smith was alive. That they all knew, but she wasn't there.

The day she had passed out after hitting her ex husband over the head with a frying pan they had taken her upstairs to a guest room waiting for her to wake up.

Except she never did.

Hershel had done what he could to help her but not even he could bring her out of the coma she was in. He had said it was Medically induced. That she had hit her head to hard and he didn't know if she would wake up.

That left everyone uneasy. Hope was important to the group and everyone knew it. She was like Ricks right hand. She was family.

Randall had been kept in the barn house for the past 6 months. They were going to kill him, but they didn't. Rick said it was because he didn't think it was the right thing to do. But in all honesty he just didn't want Hope waking up and thinking of him as a monster.

Liam had disappeared. He had taken a car filled with supplies and left the morning after Hope fell into her coma. The group had looked for him for about a week but eventually gave up, no one really liked the asshole anyways.

The kids had not been the same, the day Hope went into her coma was a day of hell.

Ryder didn't speak, he didn't cry, he didn't move. He just stood frozen. It took a while to get him responsive once again. But it's now been 6 months without her. Without his best friend. His mom. And it killed him, Dale had to force him to eat and the young boy barely spoke. His parents were gone and his sister was doing no better than he was. Skylin had cried and cried and even though 6 months had passed the four year old had still managed to cry herself to sleep every night.

Carl was even diffrent which surprised some people, mainly Lori.
He had distanced himself from everyone except for his dad and the Smith kids. He would be lying if he said he didn't blame his mother for what had happened. What surprised everyone was the fact that Carl spent as much time with Hope as possible. He would sit in the chair beside her bed and tell her about his day. He would beg her to wake up claiming they all needed her. Saying he needed her. Rick had even caught him reading her pages of her favorite book.

Rick felt bad about the fact that Carl and Lori had fallen out. But he didn't nessisarily blame him. He and Lori had also gotten distance, she now spent most of her time with Shane which woulve drove him mad if it was before the apocalypse. Before her. But now he didn't care. Of course he still loved Lori, she gave him Carl. He just wasn't in love with Lori.

Everyone was preparing for the baby, Lori was bound to pop any day now. And they were hoping everything would run by smoothly.

But that was never guaranteed.

☆●~~~~~~~~~~~~●☆

RICK WAS WALKING around the field when he heard small cries coming from behind a tree to his right.

He jogged towards the noise with furrowed eyebrows. As he turned to the other side of the tree he saw Ryder sitting back against tree and his arms wrapped around his knees as he sobbed into them.

He crouched down in front of the seven year old before asking him what was wrong.

"Nothing." Ryder sniffled as he sat up and wiped his nose on the sleeve of his jacket.

"Buddy I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong. I won't judge you, I'm here. Tell me what's wrong." Rick soothed him as he pulled the young boy into his arms and held him tight.

It was silent for a moment before Ryder spoke up, broken sobs still escaping his lips.

"I-I-I Just miss h-her." He choked out before hugging Rick tighter. "She promised- she promised she wouldn't l-leave me a-again. What-what if she dosen't w-wake up? I'm s-s-so scared." He sobbed.

Rick felt tears surface to his eyes as he realized how broken the boy in his arms was.

Pulling back a bit Rick grabbed Ryders  face in his hands and whipped his tears away as he started to calm down.

"You listen to me Ok? Listen good." Rick told him receiving a small nod in response. "Your mom is a very strong woman Ok? She is so strong. And I know she is going to be ok. She's going to wake up. She didn't break her promise and she's not going to. I know your momma and I know that she isn't going to stop fighting until she is back to us, where she belongs. Now over the time I've know you guys I have started to see you and Skylin as my own. In my eyes your my boy, you and Carl both. I don't have one son I have two sons and one daughter Ok? And I'm always gonna be here for you, and so is your mom. I don't think it will be much longer until she wakes up. She's going to come back to us. Until then I'll sit here with you and you can cry as much as you need to. Just know I'm here. Always." He explained to the young boy infont of him that wore an expression that he couldn't put his finger on.

Less than a second later Ryder had leaped forward and gave Rick a hug so tight he was surprised bone didn't break.

"Thank you." He muttered into the older man's shoulder. "I've never had a dad before."

Rick smiled so wide it hurt as he pulled the little boy closer to his chest.
He hadn't felt so happy in such a long time. Six months to be exact.

But standing there, holding onto his son he felt as if everything was at peace.

He knew she would wake up. She would come back to them. She had to. And when she did he was never going to let her go.

She would be his.

He would be hers.

And Ryder, Carl, and Skylin would be theirs.

And nothing would stand in the way of that.

A/N
HEYYYY
Sorry this was short I'm kinda stressed rn lol. I know this is diffrent than the actual show but you will see why soon enough.
I might not update Wensday because I have an Audition and Softball conditioning.
VOTE AND COMMENT!!