XX. Besides the Dying Fire.

CHAPTER TWENTY,
Besides the Dying Fire.

YOU WOULD THINK that after being in a coma for so long one would want to get up, be active and stretch their legs

YOU WOULD THINK that after being in a coma for so long one would want to get up, be active and stretch their legs. Get back to their normal life. With Hope it was another story. She felt dead, like she had died several times over the last few months. Her bones were sore, she could barely move, she felt hungry and surprisingly tired. She considered going back to sleep, closing her eyes once again would feel great. But once she heard the commotion going on downstairs she knew she couldn't. So against her bodys wishes, she got up.

Downstairs the group were all on the porch loading guns as they planned to take down as much walkers as possible.

Ryder ran out on the porch with a panicked expression on his face. "Daryl, Carl is gone I can't fi- oh my god were gonna die." The little boy cut himself off as he took notice of the herd of walkers surrounding the barn.

Daryl crouched down infront of the boy. "Hey you listen to me alright? You're not gonna die. We got this. Now where is the last place you saw Carl?"

Before Ryder could reply Skylin walked in and answered for him. "Oh he's with daddy." She shrugged before walking over to the porch railing and finally taking notice of the near by threat.

Skylin was instantly in Ryders arms as she started to cry, fear taking over her small body.

"You guys need to leave." Hershal said as he cocked his shotgun.

"No we'll get in the car and lead them away from the house." Andrea spoke up as she continued to load her gun with as much amo as possible.

Glenn shook his head with a panicked look on his face. "No we need to leave. Now. A herd that size will tear down the house."

"This is my farm. I'll die here." Hershal said, a hint of determination in his voice.

§§§§§§§§§

NOT EVEN FIFTEEN minutes later the group was rushing to get off the farm, fighting walkers as they left the house amd made their way to their cars.

Maggie held Judith close to her chest, Glenn right behind her with Ryder and Skylin by his side as they fought their way to a car. Eventually they made it and were soon pulling out of the farms driveway.

"What about beth? And-and dad. What about them?" Maggie cried as she drove down the dirt road.

"Glenn." Ryder said from the backseat, his voice breaking.

Glenn met his eyes and a wave of sadness washed over him as he noticed Ryders broken expression.

"What about mom?" The young boy continued.

Glenn and Maggie's eyes grew wide as they realized they had forgotten her. Everyone was in such a state of panic that they had forgotten Hope. They left her for dead.