IV. The One and Only.

CHAPTER FOUR,
The One and Only.

CHAPTER FOUR,The One and Only

Soon After Hope and her two children pulled apart she was being hit with greetings left and right.

"Oh so your Liams wife?"

"It's so nice to meet you"

"Your all Ryder talks about"

"Your Hope?"

"Hi I'm Carol, it's lovely to finally meet you hun"

After all, Hope did appreciate everyone trying to make her feel welcome. But all of the questions had her head spiraling. She had not seen another living person since the world had ended and she was now standing in the middle of a whole group of them. Not to mention the fact that she had just reunited with her children, who she had begun to believe she may never find.

She tried her best to hide that she was a tad bit frustrated, but it seemed that one man saw straight through her fake smile.

"Guys, leave her be, she just got here, and from the looks of it she is probably gonna stay, at least for a while. There will be plenty of time to get to know her but until then go back to what you were doing before and let her spend time with her children." His voice was stern and full of authority.

"He must be the leader." Hope thought.

He had on a pair of jeans and a white shirt which was mostly covered up by the brown jacket he was wearing. He had pretty short hair, looked freshly cut. And she didn't notice until he turned to look at her how blue his eyes were. They were like the ocean, calm and beautiful. But Hope new that somewhere deep inside of that ocean was a storm. She knew this because everyone these days have lost at least a little bit of their sanity. She felt like she had lost more than most people. She knew it wouldn't take much more until she snapped. But she had found what she been looking for, she has to fix herself for the sake of her children. She had to stay strong.

She was torn out of her thoughts as the man with dazzling blue eyes walked toward her with a smile on his face. Everyone except him, Maggie, and Maggie's father had already departed from the scene. It surprised Hope that Liam actually listened to the man, he had always been stubborn. Her kids however? They were both clinging to her legs like if they were to let go she would vanish into thin air. She didn't mind it though. She liked having them close, it reasured her they were safe.

"Hope right?" The man asked with a teasing smile on his face. Of course he knew her name. Ryder and Skylin always spoke of her. Even Skylin, she would talk to him all of the time. He found it funny that she would talk to him so easily and not even give her father a second glance. He of course felt bad for the man even if he was a shitty person, he would be heartbroken if Carl preferred another man over him. But at the same time he wasn't going to push Skylin away. Everyone else in the group had thought Skylin was mute, but Rick new different.

Hope smiled at the man and took his out stretched hand into hers, shaking it as she spoke.

"The one and only, and you are?"

Rick eventually took his hand out of hers, it surprised him that he had missed the feeling of his hand in hers, but he brushed it off.

"Rick, Rick Grimes" He spoke, not taking his eyes off of hers.

"Nice to meet you Rick Grimes" Hope said as she reached down and brushed Ryders hair out of his eyes.

"Nice to meet you too, the one and only Hope" He responded with a smile on his face.

Hope laughed a bit before turning her attention to Maggie, who had taken a few steps forward so she was stood to the side of the two.

"I figured I'd let you know that we don't just bring back random people. After you said your name I kinda put two and two together, that you were their mom, I'm sorry I didn't tell you they were here, I figured it would be a nice suprise" Maggie gave her a small smile.

Hope smiled back before responding.

"Thank you so much Maggie

"It's no problem, I'm just glad you found them."

And with that said and one last smile Maggie took off towards the house.

Rick still stood there, watching the kids hold on to their mother for dear life. He found it adorable.

Hope looked up at him and smiled. Just as she was about to open her mouth to speak she was interrupted by someone on the porch.

"Rick hunny, Carl wants to talk to you" It was the brunette with the bitchey look on her face. Her voice was sickly sweet, she was obviously upset over something. Who pissed in her cheerios this morning?

Rick nodded before turning back to Hope.

"Dutty calls" he gave her a small smile. And with that he jogged towards the house to speak to whoever this Carl dude was. Hope liked that name, it was unique to her considering she had never met a Carl before.

"Momma can we go in the field and watch the clouds and talk, like we did before this." The voice of her son called, turning her attention to him.

Hope smiled at her two babies, she still couldn't believe she had found them.

"Of course Bub" she spoke, using the nickname she had given him the day he was born.

She picked up Skylin and threw her over her shoulder, she then proceed to grab Ryders hand and run towards the field, hearing the giggle sound from her daughter warmed her heart. She could finally be happy again.

A/N
Ayeee so how was it?
Next chapter is going to be all about Hope and her kids. It's gonna be cute af. And of course the kids are going to talk about Rick. Anyways please Vote and Comment.
Bye Bubs.