XIX. Better Angels

CHAPTER NINETEEN,
Better Angels.

CHAPTER NINETEEN,Better Angels

"DALE COULD GET UNDER YOUR SKIN." Rick said as he pulled Skylin into his side. It had been three days since the death of Dale and they were now holding a funeral for him.

Skylin had taken the news pretty hard, she saw Dale as a grandfather. The little girl was loosing everyone slowly, and in her eyes it wouldn't be long until she was all alone and defenseless.

"He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought. How we felt. That kind of honestly is rare, and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision I'd look at Dale." As Rick talked Skylin looked around the group she now consider family, they were all upset, noticing the tears falling from both of her brothers eyes she left Ricks side and stood in between them, taking their hands into hers. "He'd be looking back at me with that look be had, we've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were, he knew things about us. The truth. Who we really are. In the end he was talking about loosing humanity. He said this group was broken.....the best way to honor him is to umbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives. Our safety. Our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. For now on we are gonna do it his way, that is how we honor Dale."

The group all agreed with what Rick said, they couldn't continue like this. The fighting and the secrets, it all had to end now. They were a family, and it was time they started to act like one.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

"TAKE HIM OUT to Senoia, hour there, hour back give or take. We may loose the light but we'll be halfway home by then. " Rick told Daryl the plan as they leaned against the porch together.

"That little shit will be a distant memory. Good riddance." Daryl grumbled as he hopped up on the porch railing.

Rick nodded in agreement and placed his hands on his hips "Carols putting together some provisions for him, enough to last a few days."

The looked over to see Shane pulling in the driveway.

"That uh, thing you did the other day-" Rick started but was cut off by Daryl.

"Ain't no reason you should do all the heavy lifting."

Rick nodded in response as the car parked in front of the house and Shane got out.

Daryl stood up from his spot. "I'm gonna take a piss." He said before walking inside, clearly not wanting to be near Shane.