XVI. Rest in Peace.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN,
Rest in Peace.

IT WASN'T BUT A FEW HOURS afterDaryls talk with Skylin when everything, once again, went to shit

Daryls talk with Skylin when everything, once again, went to shit.

It started off as a normal day around the farm, runs, chores, hunting. Nothing unusual. Hope still showed no signs of waking up and everyone was still on edge about the outcome of the coma.

Even though it was the middle of winter today had been rather warm. All the snow had melted and the sun was out for the group to enjoy.

Due to the warm weather everyone had been wanting to go outside.

Rick Grimes was walking towards the farm house to pay Hope a visit when he was stopped by Glenn jogging up to him wearing a face splitting smile.

"Hey man nice weather huh?" He smiled.

Rick returned the smile and gave Glenn a firm nod "Yea it is, I was thinking we go on a run today a little bit farther out. It's nice now but I don't give it long till it snows again, we could use some more supplies, blankets, food, the necessities" he put his hands on his hips.

"Ok yea sure, I'll get Daryl and Andrea to come with us. We can take the pickup." Glenn said as he started backing off towards the RV where Andrea was.

"Sounds good. We leave in 10 so get what you need." Rick spoke as he walked up the steps of the house after receiving a nod from Glenn.

The second Rick walked into Hopes room he was hit with heavy amount of grief.

He wanted her to wake up.

He needed her to wake up.

Not hearing her voice in over six months had killed him more than he'd like to admit.

He grapped her hand and held it in his own as he sat in the chair beside her bed.

She was pale, her lips were no longer the rosy pink they once were. Her hair was a tangled mess and her breaths were heavy and slow.

She looked dead.

But in Ricks eyes she still looked beautiful.

Rick wasn't stupid. He knew he had developed feelings for her overtime. He didn't know when exactly, but he did. He wanted to ignore his feelings, hell he was married. Even if he wasn't with Lori as a couple anymore he knew it would be wrong to get with anyone else. He couldn't do that to Carl.

"You know your really driving me crazy here." He laughed yet it held no humor, only sadness.

"I've been waiting for you to wake up for what feels like forever now. And as much as I hate to admit it, not hearing your voice, not seeing your smile or the way your eyes light up every time you talk is killing me." He struggled to hold in tears.