IX. Please Be Careful.

CHAPTER NINE,
Please Be Careful.

CHAPTER NINE,Please Be Careful

HOURS AFTER the small family's comfort session Hope found herself walking across the field with Ryder. There were no words spoken but Hope knew he had alot on his mind. He had just lost one of his best friends, he wasn't okay. But she wasn't going to push him to talk to her, that's one thing Hope never did. He would tell her when he was ready, he always does.

"Hey momma?" Ryder finally spoke up, looking up at his mom with a small frown on his face.

"Yea baby?" She placed a hand on his shoulder for comfort.

The boy sighed before starting to shuffle his feet and kick the rocks as he walked. Shuffling had always been a nervous habit of his.

"Am I gonna loose you and Sky too?" He asked with teary eyes.

Hope dropped to her knees to be eye to eye with her son. Grabbing his hands she frantically shook her head"

"No no no baby don't think like that. You arn't gonna loose us anytime soon ok? I'm gonna protect you and your sister with everything I have in me and I'm gonna fight to make sure I stay here to do that. I'm not gonna leave you."

Ryder smiled at his mother but before he could speak up someone else did.

"Ryder why don't you go play with your sister? She's with Glenn. I need to talk to your mother." Liam spoke up as he walked towards the two. He didn't look happy either and that instantly sent a chill through Hope's body.

Ryder just nodded and ran off towards Glenn, who was looking over at Hope and Liam with a worried look on his eye.

During the time she had been here Hope had become Glenn's best friend. All the awkwardness from their...encounter had disappeared. Ryder and Skylin saw him as their uncle. He was Uncle Glenn and God did he love that title.

Unknown to Hope and Liam he decided he was going to watch them. Just in case something happened.

"What was that earlier in the kitchen?" Liam sounded pissed as he walked closer to Hope. One more step and their noses would be touching.

"What do you mean?" Hope furrowed her eyebrows.

Liam rolled his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance.

"With Rick. What happened with Rick?" He basically growled out Ricks name.

"Nothing happened with Rick Liam. He was just there to comfort OUR children while you were off fucking Andrea. It's no big deal really, we are used to it. Though, it would be nice if you would actually pay attent-" she cut off when a force hit her left cheek, hard.

Hope stumbled back a bit holding her cheek. It wasn't only from the force but also from the shock she felt. He had never hit her before.

"Listen up bitch, honestly at this point the kids don't mean alot to me. They arnt gonna live long in this world, no kids are. The walkers will get them and you won't be able to save them. There is no point in caring about them if they are gonna die, you will only be hurting yourself on the end. However you need to stay away from Rick. Your my wife and I don't like to share my things." And with that Liam started to walk away leaving Hope standing their in complete shook.