Its not what it looks like

•Loki's POV•
Red and yellow leaves were flowing with the breeze around me. The sky was only a grey blanket of clouds, and around me the dull sunlight barely even showed my shadow.

I stepped towards the door of the sanctum, lightly placing my hand on the doorknob.
I turned it, I heard the door click, and I pushed the door open as slowly and silently as I could.
I lightly stepped on the wooden floor of the Sanctum and I felt warm air hit my face.

And when I saw it I was half startled.

It was Stephen and I, sleeping on the couch. Though, it was a different me.
I still had tubes in my nose connected to an oxygen tank.
And Stephen was still there.
I was laying face-down on his chest, my head right below his neck. My arm had been lazily hanging off the side of the couch, and my other was holding onto Stephen's hand.

I had been calmly sleeping.
I couldn't remember the last time I was legitimately asleep, aside from passing out after getting completely wasted.

I noticed that the past me looked slightly different, and I realized what it was when I looked down at my hands.
I was much paler, my hands were thinner and they always for some reason just lightly shivered.

That past me just seemed healthier overall.

But, that wasn't really important at that moment.

Because I saw Stephen. He was there. I felt my throat close up as I felt myself start to hyperventilate.
I wanted to wake him up and tell him I was there. That I was sorry for everything. Everything that I had done to him.

But this wasn't that Stephen.

It was hard to calm myself down. I held my breath for a moment and exhaled, though it was a very shaken breath.

"Mmmhhhmm- Strange?"
It was my voice.
Except it sounded smother and calmer.
And I hadn't said it.

I liked up at where they were.
Loki was starring up at me, stunned.
I froze.
"Strange. Strange wake up." He said, shaking Stephen without averting his eyes from me.

I couldn't move. I just felt myself start to breath heavily again.
Shit shit shit shit shit.

Stephen's eyes lazily opened and he groaned "what is it?" He sat up, rubbed his eyes, and looked up at me.

I was still frozen. My face felt hot, and my heart was beating faster than I thought it once could.

Stephen looked back at the other Loki, then back at me again.

He stood up, grabbed my wrist, and dragged me upstairs.
I was trying my hardest to stay calm.
It wasn't working.