The water I drink is slowly drowning me

•Loki's POV•
"So, you're just another version of me, right?"

I lightly nodded. "A future version, yes."

He hesitated for a moment, his hands starting to shake and his eyes getting glossy.
He looked down at his quaking hands. "So does-"
He paused, then wrapped his arms around my shoulders and letting out a hard shutter.

"Does it get better?" He said, his voice cracking.

I stopped for a second. I put my hand on Loki's back awkwardly, still trying to think of what to say.

"I- guess? I mean yes, there's this one wonderful person who,- he-" I lightly drifted off, as the thought pressed in my head like a branding iron.
Of Stephen, and how much he meant to me, and that he was just gone.

I pushed him away and pressed my fingers to my temple.
"Just- go back to the Avengers tower as a sheild agent so as to not look suspicious."

He lightly nodded, then put an illusion on himself and ran out of the alleyway.
I did the same, but I turned the other way and talked over the coms.
"Stark? Stark are you there?"
"Yeah, yeah we almost got it just shut up for a second."

I stood there for a second, until I heard a crash (over the coms) and Tony yelling, "AH SHIT."
"What what is it?"
"Everyone meet at our landing spot when you have the stones,"
"Why what happened?"
"I'll tell you there,"

•.•.•

"You lost the Tesseract?" Steve  said sternly.

"What? It wasn't my fault! That stupid hulk -no offense- hit me and some sheild agent stole it." Tony yelled.

I was leaning against the taxi that Lang was sitting in, with my curled finger over my lips and my thumb over my chin. I was starring at the growing without even realizing it, trying to keep the fury in my head and calm myself down.

"So, what are we gonna do? We can't just loose a stone." I said as lightly as I could even though I was still furious.

"I don't know!"

"TONY YOU CAN JUST 'I DON'T KNOW' YOUR WAY OUT OF THIS! We all have one pym partical left EACH! That was your ONE chance and we blew it!" Lang yelled sternly. It seemed like he was having a harder time keeping it cool than I was.

I felt myself start to shake.
"This is time travel right? Why can't you use your fucking brains for once and go sometime when there are more than five pym particles!"

Tony and Steve looked at each other and both muttered "New Jersey."

They started tapping on their little time machines as I blurted out, "see, I knew you could come up with something you bastards!"

Tony looked back up at me and Lang.
"You two, just, go back to the present,"

He looked down at the ground.
"I guess you'll see if we succeed when you get there."

I lightly nodded, then activated the quantum device around my hand.

You know how it is.
The weird pit-fall feeling in your stomach.
And I was back in the facility.

I looked around at all the avengers, and it looked like we were all doing the same.

"Did- did we actually get tall the stones?" I asked lightly.

"Where's nat?" I heard banner ask.

I looked next to Hawkeye, then back around the circle.

She was absent.