Chapter 2

Selin opened her eyes around 9 am to see Demir staring at her, his large hand cradling her cheek. 

"Günaydin," she smiled.

"Günaydin," he responded. "Selin," he whispered, "I adore you."

Selin sighed to hear his sweet affectionate words. "Demir, are we really back home?" she asked, looking up at him.

He pulled her across his bare chest and wrapped his arms around her. "Yes, back from Neverland, Wendy."

"Mmmm," Selin sighed. "Our red string got shorter," she said referring to the distance between them.

"We won't need string. From now on, we share this bed," he said in his best Demir bey direct-order manner.

"Oh, are you bossing me around? Now I know we're back home," she looked up at him.

"Yes."

"But you said you wouldn't tell me what to do that night we were on the boat. Don't you remember, Demir?"

"That was different. This is a life or death situation," he said, trying to play off some authority with his words.

"How so?" she asked.

"Because.... Because I can't bear to be without you," Demir said matter-of-factly, caressing her arm.

"Demir," she laughed.

"Don't laugh. Do you remember when I told you I never wanted to eat dinner at separate tables again?"

With a nod, Selin acknowledged the morning after he first confessed he loved her, while smoothing her hand over his chest. She smiled sweetly to herself at the thought of that conversation.

He nodded back. "This is the same. Only much, much more important," he said with a light squeeze to her arm.

"But what if I fall asleep on the couch at night watching a movie?" she asked.

"Then I'll carry you up to this bed," he answered.

"What if I fall asleep upstairs in my bed while reading a book with ChiChi?"

"Okay." He was thoughtful before answering. "Then I'll join you in that bed."

"What if I fall asleep on the couch on the veranda?"

"Allah, Allah," he cringed at the thought and memory of lying there with her with his leg hanging off. "Then my back will suffer a lot of pain in the morning because I'll have crammed onto it next to you just to hold you in my arms all night," he replied.

"What if we slept in the garden in our tent?" Selin lifted her head, excited at her idea. "Oh Demir! Let's do that! Let's pretend we're travelling sometimes by sleeping outside, even if only once and awhile."

"Great, I'm sure I'll wake up with Sakyz chewing my shorts. And Mr. Turtle nibbling my fingers. And Karamuk nudging me to fill his bowl for him."

Selin looked to Demir with her wide brown eyes expectantly, hoping he'd agree.

"You won't have far to walk in the morning to do your exercises," she batted her eyelashes at him.

"Fine, fine, let the animals do as they want to me. They're most important to you anyway," he teased her. He placed his index finger under her chin and tilted it toward him. "But I'll only agree if you promise to tell me more about the stars at night." He leaned down and sweetly kissed her hair.

Selin settled her head back on Demir's chest and began drawing the infinity sign across his abs, looping her finger back and forth as she agreed, "I promise to do so, Demir Erendil."