Chapter 13

A/n...This is going to be a flashback within a flashback. The HYS writers left a small bit of time up to our imagination so I took advantage of it. You may want to watch  the beginning of ep 3  before/after reading this.

----------------------------

Back at the house before Demir and Muharrem arrived...

Selin was in her room trying on her new dress again. She held up the new boots in the mirror. Her mother didn't see the purpose in boots that came up so high, but then again her mom had never been into fashion the way Selin had.  Still, her mom insisted on treating her and paid for them.

She admired the boots in the mirror in her bedroom wondering what Demir would think of them. They were much different than anything he'd seen her in. She opened her drawer to look for stockings and came upon the scarf Demir bought her in Paris. It reminded her of the newest scarf Demir bought her when they visited Paris together. Where was that? She went to her suitcase and pulled out the new scarf, holding it up and smiling at the memory. 

      ~~flashback~~

Demir had one rule for her to follow in Paris. No asking senseless questions about where he went with Alara while they were there. He knew such questions would only make her crazy. After having explained things about Alara during their visit to India, there was to be no second guessing anything in Paris. They had discussed if she could handle going there, with Demir pushing for it, saying he preferred to have memories of Paris with her to overshadow the minimal amount of time he spent there with Alara. 

After he took her to the same shop where he had bought the first scarf for her, Demir asked her if she would like to pick out another scarf, telling her she had a boyfriend now who understood how to wrap it around her shoulders as a shawl should she get cold. Selin did, then he coaxed her to stop at a coffee shop with outdoor seating. The evening was cooling off, but Selin had her coat. France was only their third stop on their trip, and Selin had been enjoying her time there.

Selin sat down at a table outside while Demir went in to get them coffee. She sighed happily as she took the city in but stopped for a minute to consider how the children were doing. She sent Merve a text telling her to be sure to kiss Sakyz for her. 

Demir had left his phone with her at the table. She couldn't help notice the text that came in: 

Here are the pictures of Alara you requested

"One coffee for you, miss." Demir set down the small cup and saucer in front of her. "And one macaroon," he pointed out on the saucer. He returned inside then came back with his own coffee. He smiled, pleased with himself then saw her face reflected something completely opposite of  happiness.  He set his own coffee down and knelt down beside her, leaning into her face worried. 

"What happened? Are you feeling okay?"

"No, Demir. I feel sick," she told him as she gasped for air and pushed his phone in his face. He didn't understand and was just about to put his phone in his pocket. "Look at it!" she told him. "I can't believe I agreed to come here."

Demir opened his phone and read the message before scrolling through the pictures. "There you are," he said to his phone with a big mischievous smile that offended Selin even more. "Selin, do you know what this means?" he asked brightly. 

Selin had no idea what it meant that he was so happy at the sight of pictures of Alara. Her happy trip came to a standstill, and tears welled up in her eyes. Demir saw her face. "No, Selin, what's happening? What is it?"