Chapter 7

Back at the house...

"Coming," Selin called as she bounded down the stairs glancing in the kitchen quickly to make sure there was nothing there that belonged to Demir.

She spotted his hiking boots in the hall just outside the kitchen. She quickly threw them in a bag, opened her dark room and tossed them in there.

"Who is it?" she called before reaching the door and looking through the peephole.

"Yoohoo, it's us," her mother called. "Surprise Selin dear!"

Selin took a deep breath and was ready to put on a show. She opened her door to see her mother, father and the man she could only assume was Cinar standing there with suitcases. "Mommy, welcome!" she hugged her mom. "Dad, welcome, so good to see you!" she embraced him. "Come in," she waved them inside.

"Selin, this is Cinar Eslend. Our friend Azra's nephew. He's returned from Germany and plans to stay in Sinop."

[The role of Cinar is being played by Cagri Citanak]

Cinar wasn't a bad looking man. Medium height and build, not quite as well dressed as Demir or Arda. His dark hair was slicked back on the sides. He didn't seem to have a suitcase with him, but he did have flowers. Oh boy.

"Is that right?" Selin said through a fake smile.

"Pleasure to meet you." He took Selin's hand and kissed it. "These are for you," he said giving her the flowers. 

"Thank you. Nice to meet you as well. Come in," Selin said with her simple smile. She had them leave their suitcases in the hall and brought them out to the veranda. "What a surprise! Why didn't you call and tell me? Shall I make tea?"

They agreed to tea, and Selin left them to attend to the kitchen. 

"Selin, dear, be sure to put the flowers in a lot of water," her mom called. "Add a little sugar."

"Yes, mommy." Selin opened the cabinet to get a vase and put the flowers  on the counter top where ChiChi's small home used to be. 

Selin pulled out her phone and quickly texted Demir that her parents had arrived.

Demir: Did they bring a suitor for you?

Selin: Yes

Demir: Perfect

Selin: Perfect was waking up with you this morning

Demir: Almost Perfect 

Selin opened the refrigerator and realized how bare it was. "Oohff Merve! I have nothing to serve my parents."

She fixed the tea cups and carried them out on a tray.

"Selin, Cinar wanted to meet you, and he was willing to travel from Sinop," Selin's dad said. 

"Uh huh," Selin said as she handed everyone their tea.

"I'm very impressed with your ambition to own your own home. And take care of things by yourself," Cinar praised her.  "You're very modern."

Selin's dad looked on and nodded approvingly. Her mom fussed over how he took his tea.

"Mmm hmmm," Selin sat smiling as she sipped her tea.

"Selin, Cinar has returned from Germany recently, and he's looking to settle down in Sinop," Selin's mom said.

"I've also bought a house," he added.

Selin's mom patted him on the shoulder. "It's quite large. A good size for a family," she said before adding, "I've seen it!" 

Sakyz could be heard in the background, voicing a complaint. Selin felt very uncomfortable as she tried not to say or do anything to offer Cinar any kind of hope.

Selin's father asked her about work, and Selin admitted she was no longer employed. Her parents were overly concerned, and Selin immediately regretted telling them. Mostly because too easily she saw the light bulbs go off in their heads how the timing could be right for her to sell her house and move back to Sinop to marry and live with Cinar.

Oohff Demir, she thought. How perfect her life was this morning when she woke up and how quickly it had all changed. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/n....I saw this writing thing going differently. I thought there'd be comments but I like the stars too. LOL thanks for reading!