The Date, Part 1

~ES~

Demir stood outside, a few steps from the door, wishing Selin goodnight after returning from the art gallery opening. They had already said their passionate goodbyes in the car. Demir wasn't sure if her parents were spying on them through the windows, so he kept his distance at the door.  

"Will Peter be out flying tonight?" Selin asked Demir. "Entering people's rooms through their windows, looking for his shadow?"

"Not tonight," he smiled. "He found what he was looking for."

Selin shook a finger at his joke, and he held a hand up to wave goodbye. As Selin opened the door, her parents were both there, inspecting her condition.

"Hello," she greeted them cheerily, hugging them. "I'm completely sober!" she announced then looked back at Demir with a cheeky grin and gave him two low thumbs up.

Demir had to stifle his laugh. 

Semih stepped outside and approached Demir before he had turned to leave. He put his hand out to Demir.

"Thank you again, Demir, for what you did for us this evening. Her mother and I made a decision while she was out that it's time for her to sell this house and move back home. Things didn't seem to work out for her in Istanbul, but we're proud of her for trying. We'll probably start packing things up for her tomorrow."

"Oh, I don't think that's going to be possible," Demir said very seriously. 

"No? Why not?" Semih asked surprised by Demir's candor.

"Because I've asked your daughter to go out with me tomorrow evening, if I'm not intruding on your time with her." Demir put his hands out and up to accentuate that he didn't want to intrude.

Semih seemed stunned by this turn of events. "N-....No. No, that's not intruding on our time at all." A smile crossed his face even. 

"Good, then I'll see you tomorrow. Good night," Demir said, putting out his hand and shaking Semih's hand again.

Selin wished her parents goodnight and went upstairs and immediately took a shower.

She thought over her time with Demir, how they had face-timed Arda in the car ride to the gallery and told him that everything had worked out as planned. He said he had talked with Ayda and knew she had the intention of working things out with Ibo. They thanked him for everything he did for him.

"I'll be invited to the wedding?" he had asked, to which Demir and Selin both responded yes and that they would smooth things over with Selin's parents. He really was leaving town on business and said he'd call at some point soon.

~ES~

The next morning, Selin was up earlier than usual and quietly called Demir from her bedroom, knowing he would already be awake.

"Gunyadin, darling," he answered. "What are you doing up so early?"

"I'm excited," she responded.

"About?" he asked.

"Our date tonight," she said with a giggle.

"Ahh, your father knows."

"What? How?" she said surprised.

"I told him. Last night," he clarified. "Your parents are ready to pack you up and take you back to Sinop, and that's just not possible."

"Noooooo!" Selin said horrified. "Is that what he told you?"

"Yes, that's what he told me. But tamam, tamam, don't worry. We're halfway down the field and we have the ball."

"Demir? What is that a soccer reference? You can save those for Vedat, or better yet your new friend, Omer."