Chapter 8

At Happy Pie...

Demir had already passed on the news to Arda and Merve that Selin's parents had arrived as they entered Happy Pie.

"Ah Demir sweet nephew, welcome home!" Firuze and Leyla both hugged and kissed him. "You look well! Where's our beautiful Selin?" they gushed.

"I'm afraid we're in a messy situation right now," he answered.

"You broke up?" Leyla's hand went to her heart with worry. Firuze's eyes widened with the thought. Grabbing her sister's other hand, she froze in place.

"This can't be!" Firuze cried.

"No, no, not that," Demir shook his head. "It's something else." Demir introduced Arda as a friend of Selin's. The aunts were charmed by Arda's good looks and charisma and spent a few moments getting to know him, trying to get him to accept a piece of pie and a cup of coffee.

Different scenarios had been playing themselves out over and over in Demir's mind. He couldn't fight the pangs of jealousy he felt that accompanied the thought of Selin falling in love with this person her parents brought for her. How badly he wanted to drive back over to the house--use his key to let himself in and claim the house, claim the animals and claim Selin right there in front of everyone. Come clean about everything--their engagement, the trip, their love. Slide the diamond ring back onto Selin's finger in front of this joker and send him back to Sinop.

But then he thought back to how Selin's parents leaving on the bus had brought her into his arms for the first time. Even if it was just for a moment. She never knew how much he himself had needed her in that moment. All the emotions of being in his house, facing his childhood memories, and hearing those reassuring words from her father had hit him hard, and he needed the comfort of her embrace. 

He had experienced first-hand the beauty of her relationship with her parents. How many times since then had Selin lied to her parents to accommodate their relationship? It also occurred to Demir what Arda said about Selin's parents. How good they would be as grandparents. That fit into to his overall picture for his future with Selin, a complete family of three generations. It may not be possible with his own parents, but he realized he could never, ever allow his own impatience and ego to destroy that possibility for Selin.

There had to be another way.

"I think we need your help," Demir said. "Will you help us?" Demir begged. 

"Our help?" Firuze said. "Well, yes, yes of course dear, we'd be honored. Tell us, Demir."

"Oh Merve, before I forget! Here are the items you asked us to pack up for you," Leyla said.

"Ah," Demir looked at his watch. "Let me take them, please. Merve and Arda, you guys explain the situation and work on a plan. I'll be back soon."

Just before walking out of Happy Pie, Demir noticed a new container on the counter. They were now selling red rooster lollipops. Demir took one and told Leyla to put it on his tab. She laughed and brushed him off that he could simply have it. 

- - - - - - - - - - 

A/n...So Demir just found himself a reason to go check out the competition. LOL! Who can blame him? Thanks for reading! 

 LOL! Who can blame him? Thanks for reading!