The Party, part 1

Demir secured his hold on the tv, catching it and preventing it from hitting the floor. 

"Got it! Got it, sorry!" he looked at Muharrem with wide apologetic eyes. "I apologize." 

Muharrem sucked down a deep breath to calm himself from the scare of just losing the tv. Together they lifted the tv and then set it down on the console and positioned it so it was just right. Whomever was sitting on the light blue couch just off the kitchen was going to have a perfect view of the tv. They busied themselves with trying to hook up the cable connection.

"Uht oh! What is this in my house?" Selin put her arms out standing at the bottom of the stairs. 

Semih smiled at his daughter. "A surprise for you, our dearest daughter." He walked toward her. "And an apology, in case we in any way embarrassed you by bringing Cinar here." 

Demir was kneeling on the floor looking behind the tv but stealing glances at Selin in her boots.

"Oh mommy and daddy, thank you," she wrapped an arm around each one and kissed their cheeks.

She put her hand out, palm side up toward Demir and Muharrem. "And thank you very much to you two for your part in this surprise. It's wonderful. Just think of all the horror movies we can watch on it!" 

"Horror?" her mom asked, not thinking her daughter liked that genre.

"We?" her father asked.

Selin made a circling motion in the air with her hand. "We, as in the girls and I, like to get together to watch horror movies sometimes. Usually at Ayda's house because I didn't have a tv but now I do." 

Demir hid the smile on his face by keeping his head behind the tv, thinking to the time she scared him in the stairwell. He kept peeking over at her boots. 

"Master, welcome," Selin approached them and greeted him with a kiss to his cheek. She doted over his new look, purposely standing with one leg close to Demir who was kneeling behind the tv console. He tried not to let it distract him too much. 

"Okay," Demir waved over Semih. "Would you like to try it out?" With his head down, he made his way around Selin and held out the remote to Semih. 

Semih turned on the tv and smiled, praising Allah that it worked. He thanked Muharrem profusely for his help.  

"Look Selin, you can see the tv from here! It would be nice to watch a cooking show while you prepare food!" Reyhan said. 

"Yes mommy," Selin answered. 

Reyhan was stirring the food on the stove with the wooden spoon. Muharrem picked up the large cardboard box and packaging, put it on the hand cart and was going to roll it back out to the van. As Reyhan was banging the spoon on the side of the pot, all of the sudden, the spoon slipped from her hand's grasp due to arthritis in her fingers. Selin and Demir both watched in slow motion as the spoon flipped up in the air. Both tried to reach for it, but were too far away, and it was too late because it landed on the floor just out of Muharrem's sight. With a loud cracking sound, they knew what had happened. Demir and Selin both looked at each other. 

"Oh dear!" Muharrem stated as his eyes grew wide. He looked down only to confirm he had snapped the wooden spoon in half when he rolled the hand truck wheel over it.

Selin picked up one half of her beloved weapon of flirtation. Demir, disappointed, picked up the other half. Selin's mom looked on in shock at what had just occurred. It had all happened so quickly. Selin's father looked over, not too invested because he was already enjoying what the new tv had to offer.