Jenga and Red String

A/n: Hello !  Hope everyone is safe and well. 🙌 Thanks so much to everyone who expressed they were really looking forward to this next chapter. I saw some mysterious note on twitter too. Besides the wackiness of quarantine, because I'm working with canon, this one really took me awhile because of how I crafted this chapter and because I'm writing something that I want to stay true with the original story/characters. 

Thanks as always to my awesome pre-reader who saved my ass this chapter, the reader-turned enthusiastic PR person @ seldem4ever, and some special fandom friends who contributed pictures, (at)  Itweetlotsss  made these terrific gifs, and valuable discussion on Turkish traditions who helped me sort out the details to this story. I'm so grateful to all of you for being a part of this! 

Who's up for a very special game of Jenga with Demir and Selin?  

- - - - - - - - - - - - --- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

~ES~

~Three Days After The Date~

Demir and Selin had spent the previous day painting and making over their bedroom.

Together

They had settled on a soft sage green for the walls and applied a beachy wooden boards look wallpaper to the bottom half of the room. Selin was still deciding which pictures from their trip to enlarge, frame and hang in their room. She was planning on replacing some of the furniture still too. She wanted some of her old pieces back that had been placed in storage after Demir moved in.

They had gone shopping for a new mattress the day before. It was set to be delivered later today, but in the meantime, Demir was waking up with Selin in his arms in the third floor bedroom. He had a lot to do today, but this was the first time they had slept together in this room and in her bed, not counting the night he Peter Panned himself in through the window.

How respectful had he tried to be of her space and privacy over those months of living on top of each other rather than with each other. But so many times he found himself in this room both with her and without her. Despite how all-over she seemed sometimes, he never once saw her dirty clothes lying about. And never once had she left anything behind in the bathroom on the second floor. He knew he had his work cut out for him in some areas when it came to her feisty personality, but she wasn't an unbearable roommate. In fact, they were well over 90 percent compatible.

"Demir...can we get a koala?" Selin said in her sleep. Demir smiled. He had missed her hazy sleep chatting while he had stayed at the mansion. He wanted to buy her a ton of koalas. He mimicked and mouthed her words along with her with a smile ...cute....cuddly...snuggly.

Demir kissed Selin on the forehead, deciding to give her another hour's worth of time sleeping, and slid out of bed. He had used the bathroom, and as he exited it, he stopped to look at the zebra wall. He smoothed his hand over it. He thought about that first moment he looked so deeply into Selin's eyes, there was always something there he couldn't quite grasp when he looked at her, that now he knew. It was the same set of kind eyes that helped and comforted him that night when he was at his most vulnerable. How could he forget? It seemed like it should have stuck out, but then again it was wrapped up in the pain of that night and the following day. Pain that he could now think about with only indifference. 

He patted one of the zebra heads and asked it, "How about if you help me out later today, buddy?"

He checked in the bedroom at the paint job, admiring their work. Selin had washed the new bedding they bought, and he would put it on later.