9 | the force on tatooine

9 | THE FORCE ON TATOOINE

Another bounty hunter came after the child and Celeste while Mando was flying them to Tatooine

Another bounty hunter came after the child and Celeste while Mando was flying them to Tatooine. The entire flight, Celeste refused to speak to Mando—she was still angry at him for trying to leave her and the child alone back at the previous planet. The bounty hunter that was trying to take their ship down this time was speaking over the communication device to Mando. Celeste sat in the copilot chair and refused to make any comments nor help—despite being slightly frightened that they would be captured. "Hand over the quarries, Mando." The hunter ordered as he shot at their fleeing ship. "I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in cold."

Mando frantically pressed buttons and piloted the ship. The ship began to sound alarms as pieces of the ship was being destroyed and one of the engines was taken out. "Hold on." Mando told and Celeste gripped the sides of her seat. Mando stopped the ship from flying forward and allowed the hunter's ship to fly right over them. Mando looked his ship's weapon on the hunter and shot his ship to pieces. "That's my line." Mando grumbled to himself after he had the satisfaction of killing the enemy.

Mando stabilized the ship and sped them over to Tatooine, since the planet was already in view. He landed swiftly in a repair facility in Mos Eilsley on the yellow planet. Mando grabbed the child and put him to sleep in the back of the ship, where no one working outside on the ship could see him. Celeste followed Mando out of the ship and took a breath of the fresh air. They had been traveling on that ship for a few days at that point and the air was starting to stifle.

As soon as they two walked out of the ship, three pit droids hurried over with tools. Mando shot at them with his blaster. The owner of the facility—a woman named Peli Motto— rushed out of her office screaming obscenities at the mandalorian. "You damage one of my droid, you'll pay for it!" She screamed.

"Just keep them away from my ship." Mando grunted.

"Yeah? You think that's a good idea, do ya? Let's look at your ship." Peli Motto walked Mando over to the side of his ship to analyze all the damage it had taken from the recent dogfight they had just encountered.

Celeste stayed behind to look at her surroundings. She reached down and grabbed a handful of sand. She allowed the sand to slip past the cracks of her fist. Mando walked up behind Celeste—after paying the woman to repair the ship—and tapped her back. Celeste quickly let go of the sand and brushed off her hands. "You okay?" Mando asked her after he caught her staring at the sand.

"Brilliant." She stepped away from his hand touching her. "You're going to look for work now?" She inquired without looking at him.

"Yes, I'll be back soon." He informed her, then waited for her to say goodbye or at least look at him to confirm that she understood. Instead, she walked back into the ship to keep the child hidden for the repairwoman. Mando sighed then headed off.