11 | the fight

11 | THE FIGHT

Ran led Mando and Celeste over to meet the rest of the crew

Ran led Mando and Celeste over to meet the rest of the crew. "Hey, Mayfeld." Ran called them attention of one of the men in his space station who brandished loads of weapons hanging on straps secured to his body.

"Yeah?" Mayfeld replied.

"This is Mando. The guy I was telling you about. We used to do jobs way back when. This is Celeste. She's our new addition." Ran introduced the two to him.

Mayfeld shot a confused look at the Mandalorian. "This is the guy?"

"Yeah, we were all young, trying to make a name for ourselves. But running with a Mandalorian, that was... that brought us some reputation." Ran chuckled as he recalled the good old time memories.

"Oh, yeah? What did he get out of it?" Mayfeld seemed skeptical of the Mandalorian he felt he had heard so many glorious stories about.

"I asked him that one time. You remember what you said, Mando?" Ran inquired.

Mando knew exactly what he said, but he didn't answer. He was a changed man now. And he didn't want Celeste to think of him any differently. "Target practice." Ran cackled. It seemed to be the funniest thing to him.

Celeste remained quiet. She knew Mando was different. Hell, he was a different person from when she first met him to now. And she also knew he wouldn't be as good at what he did if he hadn't done what he did in the past. Mayfeld seemed surprised and seemed to find a little bit of manly respect for the killer. "We did some crazy stuff, didn't we?" Ran asked Mando.

"That was a long time ago." Mando muttered, trying to diminish the conversation before Ran went into detail about the horrible things Mando did back in the day.

"Well, I don't go out anymore. You understand? So, uh, Mayfeld, he's gonna run point on this job. If he says it, it's like it's coming from me. You good with that?" Ran rhetorically asked. He knew it wasn't a genuine question it was: either listen to him or leave.

"You tell me." Mando's response seemed demeaning way.

"You haven't changed one bit." Ran noted.

"Yeah, well, things have changed around here." Mayfeld seemed to be almost warning Mando to not step on his toes while he was there.

"Yeah, well, Mayfeld, he's one of the best trigger men I've ever seen. Former Imperial sharpshooter." Ran tried to brag about him.

"That's not saying much." Mando snarked, as he had killed multiple Imperial troopers.

"I wasn't a stormtrooper, wiseass." Mayfeld spat at Mando, before stomping off.

"Don't take long, does he?" Ram mentioned.

* * *

Mayfeld continued the tour by introducing Mando and Celeste to the rest of the team. "The good lookin fellow there with the horns, that's Burg. This may surprise you, but he's our muscle." Mayfeld sarcastically told. Celeste took a peek at Burg. He towered over Mando and he skin was a bright, burning red. Wide horns poked out from the top of his head and he looked like the spitting image of a devil.