12 | the policy

12 | THE POLICY

The team entered the Imperial ship with their weapons drawn and with their guards high

The team entered the Imperial ship with their weapons drawn and with their guards high. The droid—from the Razor Crest—was communicating to them through their coms and was controlling the ship's surveillance and locked doors for them as they went. "Alright, were on the clock. The second they engage those droids, they'll be all over us." Mayfeld told his team, as he was the leader.

"I know drill." Mando responded to him, and began walking off down the white corridor to find a place to hide. Celeste followed while the other three stayed behind, anticipating droids to march in and attack them.

Once Celeste and Mando were far enough, Celeste let go every single world she was holding back to him. "What the fuck was that?! You never told me about this girl, and you let her get all up on you like that? I bet you like it, too." Celeste spoke loud enough for him to understand her anger but low enough so the others couldn't hear them from afar.

"I haven't done anything." Mando shook his head at her, stopping in his tracks to have that conversation despite the high risk situation they were in at that very moment.

"You're such an asshole. Now, you want to gaslight me? Wooowwww." Celeste began to speak louder as time went on.

Mando placed his gloved hand over her mouth, but it only made her begin to yell obscenities at him. "Have you already forgot everything I told you, yesterday? I've never told someone those things, ever." Mando huffed at her.

"What things?" Celeste played dumb just to hear him say the words, her voice still muffled from him covering her mouth. She folded her arms, with her blaster in hand, still.

"Stop playing around, Cel. You know you're more important to me than her." Mando finally uncovered her mouth.

"You showed her your face, didn't you?" Celeste narrowed her eyes at him. Mando looked down at the ground to avoid having that conversation.

"I love you, okay? There, are you happy now? I know you just wanted to hear me say it." Mando sighed, defeatedly. Celeste smirked in satisfaction.

Suddenly, their conversation was interrupted when they heard blasters going off in a nearby corridor, possibly where the others were. A few droids had cornered the other team members and were shooting their blasters at them as they tried to take cover in the exposed area. Mando hurried in from behind the droids. "Cover me." Mando instructed Celeste, who took cover and began shooting at the droids with her blaster.

Mando ran toward them and swiped one of them to the ground. He kicked, shot at and used all his gadgets to fight the droids. Celeste shot at the droids farther away from him, not confident enough in her self that she wouldn't hit Mando. With much ease, Mando took out nearly all of the droids with the exception of a few of them hitting him with their blaster right on the beskar. Fortunately, the beskar held up and made the shots bounce right off of him.