26 | puzzling pieces

26 | PUZZLING PIECES

The imperial gozanti freighter was enormous

The imperial gozanti freighter was enormous. Some would say it was the size of a large village. It was no wonder why Bo-Katan requested the aide of Mando and Celeste. Only three fighters against the hundreds of troopers lingering inside would have been a difficult fight to overcome. Bo-Katan had led them over to a part of the dock where they could see the freighter from a distance so that Mando knew what he was putting himself up against. "I want her to come, too," Bo-Katan nodded over at Celeste.

"Why?" Celeste asked for herself, wondering if she'd become some pawn in a greater scheme.

"I saw how you fought on that ship, you'd be very useful in our mission," Bo-Katan explained.

"And what exactly will we be doing on this mission?" Celeste raised a questionable brow at the woman.

"The freighter is being loaded with weapons as we speak. It's scheduled to depart at first light. We want to take those weapons," Bo was very transparent about her goals.

"So we stow away?" Mando asked.

"We've been hitting them pretty hard, they scan for life forms as a precaution before pushing back," Bo-Katan's comrade explained to them why stowing away was not an option.

"So we surprise attack?" Celeste suggested.

"Exactly."

"Against troopers?"

"A squad at most."

"So how will we get on the ship? The only time that they'd be vulnerable would be--"

"When they're cruising the atmosphere. That's the hard part, for you. You've been flown before?" Bo-Katan asked Celeste.

Celeste laughed, thinking Bo-Katan was kidding with her. "I'm serious, we're jetting up there. Look's like you're in for a ride," Bo clapped Celeste's back, knocking the smile right off her face.

"Wait? What!"

* * *

Mando and Cel left the kid with the frog lady and her husband--as they were the only people they could somewhat trust on that moon. The five of them--the Mandalorians and Celeste--stood at the dock waiting for their cue to take flight. Once the engine of the freighter began whirring, the Mandalorians turned on their jet packs. Celeste wrapped her arms around Din and he held her tightly around her waist. "You ready?" Mando asked Cel.

She nodded up at him, pressing her head tightly against his chest preparing for the ascent. The only indication that she was up high in the air was feeling her feet lift off the ground. Her eyes were squeezed shut, she didn't want to peek at the emptiness below her feet. She was putting a lot of trust in Mando at that moment. If he let her go at that moment, she would be dead.