25 | wanted

25 | WANTED

Even after they left the inn to meet the sailor at the dock, Celeste told Mando she wasn't feeling well about their choice to go with that sailor to find the Mandalorian

Even after they left the inn to meet the sailor at the dock, Celeste told Mando she wasn't feeling well about their choice to go with that sailor to find the Mandalorian. Despite that, Mando still objected. They had no other path to take to find Mandalorian that could help them with returning the child to the Jedi. To be properly protected and trained by his own people.

So, only hours after the child finished his chowder, they were taking off on the sailor's ship on the planet of Trask. Celeste stood at the edge of the ship looking out over the sea, watching the dimples in the water shift over one another. There was a small, steady roll of a wave over the surface of the water moving. It seemed to always be there, unmoving, as the ship cut through the tranquil waters.

One of the shipmates aboard neared Celeste as they peered down on her engagement ring. It was the shiniest thing on board that ship, no wonder why it was going to attract unneeded attention. "Pretty little thing you've got there," the man chuckled lowly, getting uncomfortably close to Celeste.

Her hand began to hover over her concealed lightsaber, which she still had barely used after she had left Moff Gideon's guidance. She wasn't very agile with the weapon, but, she could certainly do some damage with the saber. Mando instantly spotted the man looming over her and approached the two. "Is there a problem here?" Mando asked the man, causing the stranger to take a step away from Celeste.

"No, just admiring that rock on her finger," the seaman snickered before heading off to do the tasks he was assigned to.

The child waddled over to his two guardians and stood between them. "Thanks," Celeste mumbled.

Before Mando could say anything else, the sailor that had invited them on the ship approached them and instantly began speaking--giving absolutely no alone time to the trio. "Ever seen a mamacore eat? Quite a sight." He nodded, pointing over to the square grate at the bottom of the ship. Mando and Celeste didn't reply to the man, only glancing over at him with a blank look. 

Suddenly, the grate began to open. It looked like a cage of some sort. "Child might take an interest. Come take a look," the man offered as he walked over to the edge of the opened grate, which held a ton of dark water sloshing around inside of it.

Mando accepted the offer and neared the edge of the hole. A net of fish hung over the pit of water. Celeste watched the dark water carefully, searching for the beast that laid within. One of the shipmates released the net, allowing the fish to fall into the opened pit. Bubbles rose to the surface of the water, indicating that the beast was coming. "She must be hungry," the sailor chuckled.

"But, we missed it because we were going off port--" the man began, then he swung around and kicked the child into the pit.

Both Mando and Celeste gasped simultaneously. Celeste's first instinct was to jump into the water after the kid, but just as she was about to launch herself into the water, a pair of strong hands grabbed her shoulders and yanked her back onto the ship. The violent grab pulled her so hard, her back hit the floor of the ship.