08 - Lies

Laura was still shaken up as she watched Michael pick up the now empty plates from the kitchen island.
He was cheerful and sweet; he told her stories about how his mother used to cook the same breakfast every day, or how his brothers used to pick on him for being such a bookworm.

"Alex?" He asked with a smile, stopping in his tracks when he saw her mindlessly staring at the counter. She quickly blinked and turned to him. "Hmm?"

"Is everything okay? You were kinda spacing out."

She shook her head dismissively, trying to ease his worry before getting down of the tall kitchen stool to walk up to him. He studied her beautiful face and slowly wrapped his hands around her waist, contouring her exquisite curves.

"Do you have any clothes I can borrow? Something I can actually wear on the street?"

"What for? You look breathtaking just like this." He smiled and leaned down to kiss her neck, but she was stiff under his touch, so he straightened back up.

"I need to get going."

Michael removed his hands and scratched his neck "Umm, okay... Lemme get you uh, I think I've got some small t-shirt and jeans."

He walked to the bedroom and she hung her head, she hated to make him feel bad but she desperately needed to get away from there after seeing that man, and even though she had made an effort for Michael, she couldn't handle it anymore.

"Alex, c'mere," Michael called from the closet to give her the clothes, looking incredibly sad.

***
"I'm very sorry you have to leave. I had a wonderful time. Sure u don't want me to drive u?" Michael softly asked as he walked her to the building's main entrance.

"It's okay, I wanna walk. And I had a wonderful time, too." She smiled, making his heart flutter.

They leaned into each other simultaneously, their lips dancing the perfect symphony. It took a couple of minutes before they could bring themselves to pull away. "Please, call me." He whispered against her lips and she quickly smooched him.

Michael watched her walk away, chewing on his lips and wondering what triggered her to make her wanna leave so suddenly.
He knew it had something to do with Jermaine, so he decided to pay his brother a visit.

***
"Laura."

Juliette showed her the silver card. "Eve."

Laura reached for it but the Madama didn't let go. "You're gonna have a word with me before you head into the grooming room. Wait there."

Laura's harsh gaze burnt through the older lady's, but she didn't even flinch. She just motioned with her head to an antique armchair, urging her to sit down and wait.

Laura did as told.

***
Michael rang the doorbell and waited, rocking on the balls of his feet, with his hands behind his back.
He looked around his brother's mansion's entrance... Jermaine always had such a sumptuous taste.

The little peephole window slid to one side and a small, dark brown eye looked around before a loud squeal made Michael squint his eyes and smile widely.

"Uncle doo doo!!! Uncle doo doo!!!"

His little nephew Jaimy opened the door and ran into his arms, tackling him down to the floor.

"Hey JJ! Hold on now! U gonna get hurt, buddy!" Michael wrapped his arms around him and picked him up before smooching his cheek.

"Is ur daddy home?" He asked as he carried Jaimy back inside.