26 - Close call

Michael was very apprehensive and distrustful regarding Laura's decision to meet with her sister. He somehow knew that girl was evil... She didn't seem to give a rat's ass about her big sister and nothing justified her sudden and suspicious change of heart.

But then he remembered the way Laura's eyes beamed with enthusiasm and longing the second she heard that girl's voice. Years and years of yearning and worrying had triggered her emotions in an unmanageable way.
She was so lonely, he thought... Enslaved, trapped in that terrifying and dark world of abuse... For the sake of someone else.

Did that person deserve it, though?

He decided she did not. She was so disgustingly self-centered and egotistical. He didn't need to get to know her better to realize that she was scum.
And maybe it wasn't his place to tell Laura. Maybe she had to find out on her own.

Just like he found out about Jermaine.

His betrayal hurt him beyond repair and he felt as if he had lost a brother. He was dead to him. There was virtually no possible way he could rekindle with such a vile individual.

As he tapped the tips of his fingers against his bottom lip and watched the Tea Connection's entrance from his parked car, the sudden screech of tires alerted him and he shifted his gaze from the venue's door to the black SUV that pulled over a few feet from it.

Michael hurried to radio Bill as soon as he saw Juliette's goons stepping out of the vehicle and heading into the shop. "Bill! Those motherfuckers are here, hurry up!" He yelled into the equipment as he turned on the ignition and pressed the gas pedal.

Laura tried to dodge the men but her sister quickly pushed her, making her stumble on her feet and land between Günther's arms. "Keep your mouth shut, mein liebe, or your sister here will end up being your roommate at La Maison. I know many clients would pay for the sister combo..."

Laura glared at him and tried to pull away, but he was too strong, and she could see the larger man grabbing her sister's arm out of the corner of her eye.
"Leave her alone! I'm coming... I'm coming..." She hushedly said, holding back her tears.

"Good girl. Now, don't think this will be nice. You've got a lot of time to make up for and a lot of explaining to do." He growled in her ear before kissing her cheek as he wrapped his arm around her waist, to make it look as if they were friends or a couple.

Adriana happily followed them at safe distance, as she pulled her cellphone from her Louis Vuitton purse and sent a text.

***
"So you're pretty much trying to win Michael back by apologizing and you think that single gesture will make it all go away?" Diana scoffed rolling her eyes.

"What else can I do? He's a nice man, he won't throw me to the trash... Right?"

"Jermaine, your brother is the most righteous man to ever set foot on Earth. If he feels you should pay for your actions, he won't care if you're the Pope, he'll take you to justice and make you pay the price."

"He wouldn't let them lock me up... He wouldn't do that to my kids... My wife..."

Diana's eyes widened. "Lock u up? The hell did you do?"

"Let's say the girl wasn't fully grown when I had the first taste, u feel me? Juliette said it was a special treat for me, since I was a regular and one of her best clients."

The woman squinted her eyes, realizing her former brother in law was in some serious trouble. "Tell u what, if you help me... I help you. Apparently, we both wanna get on Mike's good side again."

Jackson stared at her with a side smirk. "U really think he gonna take u back? He's in love or some shit. And he hates your guts."

"Well, he hates your guts too, and seems to me you've got so much more to lose than me." She cocked her head upwards with superiority as the man lowered his gaze in thought.