Dreams (drabble)

He blearily opened his eyes, blinking away sleep. Must have slept with my glasses on, he thought, feeling the plastic sitting against his skin.

He reached for his watch to check the time, but found nothing but air. Suddenly becoming aware of black void that surrounded him, he glanced around nervously.

A scene started to form. It looked like The End, but the dragon soaring above him seemed hyper-realistic, almost as though the best shaders had applied only its texture.

An arrow suddenly soared through the air, narrowly missing the dragon.

Joe looked down and saw a familiar blonde with his bow poised and ready. Grian! Without hesitation, he jumped from the obsidian tower he was standing on and rushed towards his friend.

He didn't even question why he didn't take damage or feel the pressure from the landing.

"Grian!" he exclaimed. The blonde seemed to take no notice of him. "Grian?" Joe went to place a hand on his shoulder, but his hand slipped straight through. "What?"

A roar boomed through the air and Grian swiftly jumped up onto an obsidian tower, despite being blocks below it. Before the poet could even question what happened, the dragon's form suddenly rushed through him. He glanced down expecting to see blood or at least some kind of wound, but he saw nothing that even suggested the dragon had flown through him.

In fact he hardly saw anything that suggested he was there at all! He seemed to be transparent, almost ghostly, with a magenta aura surrounding him.

Joe looked up wildly at Grian. He certainly didn't look like a ghost! But then he caught his eyes. The dark brown they normally were was replaced with a purple and blue galaxy, his pupils shining white as the stars in the night.

The petrifying dragon swooped and rushed towards Grian, but the blonde didn't move. He seemed to be frozen in terror, though his face only showed slight emotion.

"GRIAN!" Just as the dragon's claws seemed to connect with his friend, black filled his vision.

He was suddenly jolted awake, drawing in a gasp of air. Oh... it was just a dream. Joe sighed with relief and let himself fall back onto the bed.

Hey Joe! Grian texted. You wouldn't believe the dream I had! It was kinda silly, but it still scared me awake. Well, you know how dreams are.

The brunette glanced at his communicator before typing back. Oh? I'm curious as to know what it was about.

His friend didn't text for a while, seemingly typing out an essay. Well I was in The End and I was fighting the Enderdragon. But it was super realistic looking, like I had shaders on! And I somehow jumped onto one of the tower things and then the dragon shot itself at me and nearly killed me! Then I woke up. There's probably more stuff, but its kinda fuzzy. Probs just tired lol

Joe gaped at his communicator. Had he really been into Grian's dream?

More importantly, how had he gone into Grian's dream?

  ~*~

not an AU, just a headcanon I have where Joe can walk into people's dreams, but he can't really control it, it just kinda happens sometimes