Just a Dream... Right? (OOC vent shit)

[redacted] snapped awake, only to find the dark purple void surrounding him. What the heck, was his first thought. How did he get here? This better not be a prank...

He looked around. He sitting in the middle of an End City ship. The shulkers were there, but they seemed to ignore and instead aimlessly shoot their crystal things around.

"Hey," a voice murmured. He looked to see a boy sitting on the edge, his face shadowed by dark bangs. Sleek black wings were folded on his back as he gestured him over.

He was wary, but nevertheless, [redacted] jumped up beside the boy. "Uh, hi?" he said, though it was more of question than anything else. "Who... are you?"

He turned to face him, smiling slightly. His dark red eyes were half-lidded and his thin red glasses were barely visible against her dark wings. A single iridescent earring glittered against the veil of darkness.

"My name is M," he replied. "I brought you here. I just thought we could talk. We have a lot in common you know."

"Oh?" he said in a curious tone, raising an eyebrow. "How ? I've never even seen you before."

"I know what it's like to feel alone even surrounded by people." He flinched. What? How does he know? He'd never told anyone on Hermitcraft, not Xisuma, who he trusted with his life...

He continued. "It's so lonely. Feeling like even though you've done so much to prove yourself, it seems like no one notices. You walk by your friends but they don't spare you a glance. You're by yourself, despite being surrounded by people who supposedly love you."

Tears pricked at [redacted]'s eyes. Joy and sorrow spun around in his head. He'd found someone who understood how he felt, but at the same time this feeling a bit too real for him to handle. It was different hearing it from someone else.

"I-It is lonely," he whispered, letting tears run down his cheeks. "I... I hate it. I-I *hic* really do... But i-it's not like I *hic* can tell th-them..."

He lifted her hand and wiped some tears from his face. "If they're not going to be there for you," he murmured, gently resting heris hand against his cheek. "Then I'll be there for you."

"Remember, you can always come back here."

He gasped awake, his breathing shaky. He could feel the tears streaming down his cheeks, but he let them fall.

Had that... really only been a dream?

Far away, Joe sat in his bed, head held in his hands. Oh [redacted], he thought miserably. Is that how you really feel? Like we don't love you?

   ~*~

still haven't written my speech, oh shit gotta go fast-

(also, i bet you thought it was Author/Silver when it said black wings and black hair >:3c)

[2022 EDIT: lol i just redacted the original hermit cuz this was basically just a vent]