Blood Filled Dreams (drabble)

(warning: blood and general violence)

Blood painted his arms and fell to the ground in sticky drops. His arms felt heavy but he couldn't stop.

Their screams. The blood splattering as their last breath escaped from their lungs. It gave him a rush. A thrill. Seeing the life spill out of them and onto his hands.

He needed more.

He glanced around at the bodies littering the floor. Some with only a splotch of blood, others mangled and ripped to shreds. But they were all once his friends.

No one else was left.

His grip around the blood soaked knife tightened. The thrill. The rush. The blood.

He needed it.

Without hesitation, he raised the knife to his chest and plunged it through.

He shot up from his bed, panting heavily. He couldn't stop the tears impulsively streaming down his cheeks or the sobs that slipped from his mouth.

"Scar?" He looked up with bleary eyes and saw Cub at his bedroom door, staring him with worried eyes. "Are you okay?"

He tried to speak, but all that happened was letting more tears spill down his face. He pulled the blankets up to try and hide himself, embarrassed by his sobbing.

"Oh Scar..." A weight sat on the bed and he felt arms wrap around him. "Did you have a nightmare?"

Scar nodded, shuddering in Cub's arms.

His boyfriend smiled softly and rubbed Scar's back. "It's alright, I'm here. Want me to go get Jellie?"

He nodded again.

Cub left to go get Jellie and Scar finally let a small smile break through.

   ~*~

we all need some Scar and Cub fluff every now and again