Wishes (drabble)

[redacted for CRINGE but also lowkey relatable lmao]

He was debugging some code, sitting in his middle of his base with his admin screens floating around him.

He huffed angrily as the code flashed red, showing it hadn't worked. Again.

He hit the ground his hand as hard as he could before shutting off his admin screens. His hand stung like hell, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was fixing this fixing this goddamn, STUPID GODDAMN CODE! He hit the ground again in rage.

"Xisuma?" He looked up and saw his brother staring at him worriedly. "Oh hi EX. What'd you need?"

"I was just worried about you." Goddamn it. EX walked over and sat next to him. "Joe said he hasn't seen you for a few days. He said he was worried about if you were okay and asked me to ask to you since he was busy."

All he really wanted was to be left alone. "Uh, sorry 'bout that," Xisuma muttered, not daring to meet his brother's gaze in fear of giving away anything. "I've been kinda busy. Could you tell him that I'll try and meet up with him soon?"

"I think it's better if you tell yourself." Xisuma desperately wanted to groan out loud, but he held it in. EX continued, "He'll appreciate more if you tell him. Also it'll reassure him you're okay."

"Yeah sure, but I'm kind of busy right now. Admin stuff." EX nodded and left without another word, glancing worriedly back one last time before exiting.

Xisuma groaned and buried his head in his arms.

Why do they have to care so much... I just wish I could be left alone...

Far above were drones watching them. A figure stared at the cameras, a grin spreading across his face. Perhaps he could help them.

Poor little souls, in need of some help. Well comes the Jangler, happy to be of assistance...

   ~*~

Poor little souls
Wanting desperately to escape
What they fear in their lives
They find in another's fearful strive

[lmao]