~Prologue~

~Adinas' POV~

I woke up today sneaking around the house trying not to wake my sleeping husband, I snuck out to the living room removing the photo from the wall. I quickly opened the safe grabbing my passport, before going to the kitchen grabbing the bag I hid in the cupboard under the sink. I quickly and quietly pulled on my shoes before placing my phone on the side table as I watched the cab pull up. I left my credit cards knowing that from here on out I would only be using cash, I got in the cab going to the airport. I sighed getting on the first flight to Charming California hoping to start a new life without the fear I live through everyday. As I sat in my seat waiting for the plane to leave the ground but as I sat there everything was quiet. The quiet wasn't a good thing all it did was give me to think about exactly what I'm doing, the danger I was putting myself in. I kept my sunglasses in place and my scarf close to my neck, my long sleeves completely pulled down hiding my wrist. I knew that this move wasn't going to be easy, the hiding, the lying, I could slowly feel the strength leaving my body. I began to shake thinking that this wasn't going to work, he'll find me, he always finds me, I can't do this, I need to go back, I need to get off this plane. I quickly stood up trying to get off the plane however, I was stopped by flight attendants making me take my seat. I sighed, sitting down buckling my belt knowing that there's no going back, as the plane stopped shaking I began to feel the confidence again. I held my head high and knew that this was happening, I was running and saving myself from the hell I made. As I sat there a sense of freedom took over, I sighed with a small smile coming to my face as sleep finally took me and a wave of safety washed over me.

~6 Hours Later~

Six hours passed by quicker than I thought as the plane landed and I went to the closest hotel knowing that I need to find somewhere to work soon. I went to the room I was given before taking a shower and getting ready for bed, I changed my clothes laying down. I laid there staring at the ceiling before I felt my eyes get heavy, I sighed letting a safe sleep take me in its welcome arms for the first time in what feels like forever.

~8 Hours Later~

I woke up today getting ready for this job interview hoping I won't cause any trouble, as I pulled out my clothes for the day. I soon got dressed pulling on a pair of black jeans with an off the shoulder black long sleeve velvet top. There are bows on each shoulder, I smiled before pulling on a pair of white and black high heeled combat boots. I layed out my white off the shoulder leather jacket just setting it on the bed until I finished my make-up and my hair. 

I went to the bathroom starting my foundation to hide the bruises on my face, wrists, and neck, before doing the rest of it

I went to the bathroom starting my foundation to hide the bruises on my face, wrists, and neck, before doing the rest of it. I kept my eye make-up light with white and gray smokey eye-shadow with a thin layer of black eye liner and some mascara. I then did a light pink matte lipstick, I sighed knowing that this was as good as it was going to get before starting my hair. I put my shoulder length raven black hair with pale blue highlights in loose wavy curls, I smiled before grabbing my purse, pulling on my white leather jacket walking out of my room.