Muichiro|Weak|

Breath of Silence

Y/N's POV

Muichiro and I have been together for about 3 years now.

A ray of sunshine shines into my face as I roll over to the side to cover my eyes. 

"Ugh," I muttered as I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I am so tired because I had to go on a midnight mission and the sun, of all things, have to wake me up.

"What a pain," I muttered as I got off the bed to change into my uniform. I took off my (fav/colour) pyjamas and wore my demon slayer uniform along with my haori.

I grabbed my katana and opened the door to see Shinobu and Mitsuri rushing around the Butterfly Estate. I yawned as I walked out. I went to the kitchen to make my breakfast which was just an omelette and rice. I cooked a pot of rice and left the pot there for the others to eat. I cooked my egg and brought it to the table, yawning while eating it.

Muichiro brought his food and sat beside me. We ate in silence as per every morning. I finished eating my bowl of rice and egg feeling pretty contented as I laid on the chair. My head nodded as I was about to go to sleep as I heard the chair moved. I turned my head slowly to see Muichiro getting up and grabbing our plates and walking to the kitchen to wash them. 

I sighed and got up and walked to the small bucket. I opened my palms asking for the dishes as he passed them to me and walked off as I slowly knelt down next to the bucket. I poured the water over the dishes as I scrubbed it with my hands. I wiped them dry afterwards and nearly fell asleep into the tub of water.

"You need to try and stop falling asleep while doing stuff," Muichiro said behind me as I turned around.

"Mhm, yeah," I replied as I placed the dishes in a stack on the wooden table. My eyes felt very droopy like every morning. Muichiro helped me up and we walked to the garden with our hands intertwined and sat on the grass. I could hear Shinobu and Mitsuri yelling at the others to wake up and I felt even sleepier. 

I noticed Muichiro staring at the clouds and as per usual wondering what clouds they were. I stared at the grass to see the fine details of the grass as each one slowly moved to the sun. I noticed the small ants crawling on the soil as I watched them march along. 

"1, 2, 3..." I counted one by one as I watched them march along carrying their food and sharing it.

I wish people were like this. So organized and yet so kind. 

I noticed Muichiro sleeping as I placed his head on my lap as I stroked his soft hair as I looked at his calm face. So tranquil and peaceful. It felt like time stopped and I smiled for the first time today. It put me at ease that he was safe and I could protect him.

Sometimes, I wonder that if he died, what would happen to me?

I looked at the ants descend into their home as I waved goodbye to them. I noticed a grain of rice stuck on my shirt and picked it off. I looked at it and gave it to the ants who surrounded it and descended. I carried Muichiro up and brought him to the room. I tucked him in as I kissed him on the forehead before leaving the room.

I wasn't being kind. I was helping the weak and the vulnerable because it was my duty to.

The stronger ones have to always protect the weak and keep them safe.

You never know.

One day, they might save you as well.

NekoNya's Message

I was bored lol. What inspired me to write this story was my body feeling like taking a nap so uh yeah. Thanks for the 2K views. 

Very grateful that you all read my book. I am also very happy that you guys bother requesting me to write. Thank you all so much and I hope you all continue to enjoy my book.