Zenitsu|Emotions|

I walk down the doorway of the Butterfly Estate accompanying Shinobu with the patients from the recent mission. Many Mizunotos have died that even the hashiras had to get involved. You sigh just having the thought of that.

I never liked fighting

It was something that was normal these days.

Fighting for your life, fighting for what you believe, fighting for anything is still fighting

No matter how righteous it is.

It's still fighting

"Zenitsu?" I said when I saw my friend lying on the bed. Shinobu was helping treat a boy with red hair and a boy that was a boar, I think?

"PLEASE, I DON'T WANT TO DRINK THE MEDICINE!!" yelled Zenitsu as I covered my ears. He has always been loud.

I have known him since childhood but I left earlier for the Final Selection and afterwards never visited Sensei. 

It has been years, hasn't it?

"Y/N?" he said as he noticed me.

"It has been so long, " he said smiling and crying at the same time. 

"Please help me!" he said as I stared at him in confusion.

"You need to save me from her, and you need to marry me!" he yelled as I stared at him in surprise.

Huh? What?

"That's the first few sentences you say when you see me?" I asked as he nodded. 

"Are you angry at me?" he asked.

"No, because you have always been like that. It feels nostalgic, honestly." I replied as he smiled.

"Thank god. You're really scary when you're angry," he said as I felt slightly ticked off but I was still smiling.

"In what way?" I asked as he shuddered at the thought.

"You used to chase me around and whack me on the head if you caught me trying to run away. Gramps did the same and you both were very scary," he said as I felt more ticked off.

"Where is Kaigaku?" I asked as Zenitsu shrugged.

"I don't know," he replied and I felt at ease that he was gone. He was always very annoying and liked to bully others. I would always tell him to stop but he never listened.

He always made Zenitsu insecure and sad but I am glad Zenitsu went to the Final Selection. He is becoming stronger and stronger which is remarkable but isn't surprising. Even unconsciously, he has always been becoming stronger because of his will to protect someone else.

In all honesty, I have liked him for a long time.

"Anyway, can you marry me before I die?" he asked as I sighed. 

"Zenitsu, what do you think?" I asked.

"I dunno," he replied.

"Then that's exactly how I feel. You are also not going to die. If you were going to die, you would have died against the spider." I said after registering what I said. 

"Wait, so you would marry me?" he asked as I sighed a long sigh.

"Zenitsu, stop clobbering me for answers," I said as I stared at him. I, for some reason, couldn't express my emotions as well as others. I could only smile but crying was a difficult task. To cry, I had to force myself to. To show expression, sometimes I had to force it on. Normal people would blush and walk away but I couldn't do that. 

It was odd, indeed.

I walked towards Zenitsu and stood next to him.

"I like you Zenitsu. Isn't that enough for you?" I asked.

"Huh?" he said in surprise.

"Can you repeat what you just said?" he asked smiling.

"No," I replied deciding not to since he already heard it.

"How did you say that with such a straight face though?" he asked as I was caught off guard.

"Huh? Oh, well, I usually named emotionless or maybe just being able to smile and laugh. I had always been like this. I can't express any other emotion besides happiness. Deep inside, I could feel sad or angry but I can never express it." I said smiling as he stared at me.

"Well, I don't think expressing yourself is important. I think is the ability to know that you're sad or angry and being able to talk about. It isn't about crying or yelling, I think it's just having the courage to speak about it." he said as I looked at him in shock.

It felt like a light had shone towards me. It felt like a new opportunity that only he could have opened for me.

"You're right, Zenitsu. Thank you." I said hugging him as he hugged me back smiling.

No matter how small my feelings were, they were still feelings.

The ability to show my emotions wasn't something I needed to have, it was the courage to believe.

The courage to open up.

NekoNya's Message

I wrote this character because, in all honesty, I am pretty emotionless as well. Only being able to express happiness and anger was maybe all I could do. I can cry but I can't cry for someone else. 

I dunno if anyone can relate though. It's probably only me.