Muichiro|Facade|

Y/N's POV

Smile.

You have to smile.

"Y/N, I am sorry. Your parents are dead, I am sorry I couldn't save them from the demon, I was too late," Mitsuri said as I smiled forcefully.

"It's okay, you don't need to feel sorry for me. We all come and go anyway," I said staring into her green orbs.

"Are you sure?" she asked as Mitsuri walked towards me hugging me.

"Mitsuri, I am fine, you don't have to worry about me," I said as she looked at me concernedly.

"Well, if you say so..." said Mitsuri concernedly as she walked away glancing at me several times.

Timeskip

I sat on my bed staring at the old picture frame that sat on my table.

Smiling has always been a beautiful thing, hasn't it? 

For years, I have been told to smile because it looked pleasant.

Smiling had been so accustomed to me

I forgot it was just a facade

I could feel my face break into a smile but however, my heart was throbbing with an ache that hurts. It hurts even more than anything I have ever felt before. It felt like whole life was tearing apart, crumbling before me, but yet I am smiling.

If I was normal, I would be weeping and sobbing but...

I guess that I am not as sane as I thought.

I laid on the bed glancing at the picture frame and then turning to the ceiling. It was so clear and pure.

Unlike my life 

I covered myself with my warm blanket and slowly drifted off to sleep.

TimeSkip(To morning)

Muichiro's POV

I opened the door to see Y/N walk past me and wave towards me smiling with pink cheeks as per usual.

Y/N is such an interesting person. She is relatively strong and pretty in different ways. The only thing that bothers me is her eyes.

They always look sad.

"Y/N, are you... okay?" I asked as she looked at me happily.

"I am fine, what is wrong?" she asked smiling.

"Well... why do your eyes always look so sad?" I asked as she looked at me smiling. I looked at her concernedly as she just smiled at me.

"I don't know," she said as her eyes looked even sadder than before.

"But... " I said as she cut me off.

"Muichiro, you don't have to worry, I am perfectly fine," she said smiling even brighter before.

"Why do you smile all the time?" I asked as she walked towards me and dragged me out of the Butterfly Estate and into the nearby park. I looked at her in confusion as she dropped me onto the soft grass as I look at her. She sat on the grass in front of me and gaze at me.

"Muichiro, I am only able to smile, I can't show any other expression besides happiness," she said smiling as I looked at her in confusion.

"So even if you feel sad, you can't show it?" I asked as she nodded. 

"Then why do you always say you're fine but your not?" I asked as she looked at me smiling.

"Isn't it weird to say that you're sad but you're smiling like the sun? I always feel like I am a psychopath. I used to be able to cry, scream but now I can only smile or laugh,"

"My voice always sounds happy even when I am sad or angry. I have always been told that smiling has been beautiful and pleasant till the point that I can no longer show any other expression," she said as I crawled towards her and hugged her as she slowly hugged me back.

"It is alright to talk about how you feel even if you can't express yourself, Y/N," I said as she smiled.

"I would look weird, smiling while talking about sad things, wouldn't I just look like I was talking about it like it was a joke?" she asked as I let go and looked at her.

"It is better to say it than to bottle it inside of you. It's better to get rid of the feelings than letting them grow bigger and bigger, making you feel even worse," I said as she looked at me smiling.

"What makes you say that? You don't remember anything so you won't know what it has been like for me..." she said as she smiled at me with her fingers digging into the soil.

"I might not understand what you are going through, but I do understand your pain, Y/N," I said as she stared into my eyes.

Her eyes looked hopeful and I smiled. She was smiling but this time, her smile was genuine. It was brighter than I had ever seen before.

She lifted up my hands and held it cupping it in her two hands. 

"Thank you Muichiro," she said smiling as she kissed me on the cheek. I looked at her in confusion as I sat there processing what was happening. My face turned red as she laughed. 

"Muichiro, why are you so cute?" she asked as she poked my cheek. I sat there turning redder and redder as she teased me.

I am glad that she is happy now.

NekoNya's Message

Soz this took so long. I had to study lol.