Muichiro|Meaning of Flowers|

I sat on my bed looking at the dusty and old brown wooden box that sat at the corner of the room. it was about the size of a chest but a little bit smaller.

Maybe, it was time to finally open it.

I got up from the bed and gently lifted up the box carrying it to my bed. I breathed in and opened the small little golden latch carved meticulously with the patterns of flowers. The wooden box was carved with the patterns of a sakura tree as petals fluttered down. 

I lifted up the lid gently to look at all the things inside as I reached out to grab a box. I opened the box and smiled. It was a pin made with a metal wire that looked like wood as small little intricate designed sakuras bloomed off the pin. At the tip of the pin had a small little bluebell hanging off it as I looked at it.

I still remember the day I received this, it seemed like it happened yesterday. 

I could never forget it. 

I simply couldn't

Flashback

"MUI-CHAN!" I shouted as he looked at me in surprise.

"Oh, hi, Y/N," he said smiling gently walking into the garden towards me.

That smile was something I wanted to protect.

No matter how many time I saw it, I would never ever get tired of it.

"Y/N, here," he said as he passed me a little box.

"Happy Birthday," he said as I smiled.

"You remembered!" I said as he smiled softly tilting his head.

"I could never forget," he said as I smiled back.

"Can I open this?" I asked as he nodded.

I opened the little box to see a little pin. 

"Mui-chan, you know you didn't have to get me this, but thank you so much," I said as I looked at it.

"I knew you wanted it," he said as I looked at him in surprise.

"Wait, how?" I asked as he sighed.

"I saw you staring at the pin, Y/N. We were buying food at a food stall and I noticed you staring at the pin in the shop window from afar," he said as he looked at me silently.

"It was that obvious?" I asked as he nodded. I placed the pin back in the box to prevent it from breaking since it looked very delicate. I reached out to hug him as he gently wrapped his arms around my body as I snuggled into his chest. He patted my head and laughed.

"Y/N, you're 15 and yet I am taller than you," as I looked up at him angrily.

"You know, you don't have to define that every single time you hug me, right?" I said as he laughed. I smiled gently laughing softly.

Present

I closed the box gently and placed it back in to see a small picture frame. I picked it up and wiped the dust off to see Muichiro smiling at me happily. I smiled back feeling my eyes tear up. Drop by drop, tears trickled down my cheeks as I stared at the picture. 

"Sorry," I muttered as I wiped away all the tears that pelted onto the glass.

"I promised to be strong, I promised," I said as I closed my eyes and breathed in.

I felt body shake and I placed the picture frame back into the box carefully making sure it doesn't break. It was very precious and important to me.

After all, it was the picture frame displayed at his funeral.

"I promised to be strong but I can't be strong anymore. I am sorry, Muichiro," I said as I closed the box and ran out of the room into the garden. It was raining as I looked at the rain as I felt the cold water drip down my skin. I sat on the cold wet grass and looked at the sky to see the grey clouds drifting by. 

He did always love cloud gazing.

I looked at the patch of flowers as I noticed a single chrysanthemum growing out on the patch. I crawled towards it and looked at it. I felt my eyes water even more as I looked at it with sorrow. I could feel my vision blurring as the rain mixed with my tears. 

I didn't care if I was going to get drenched as I gently plucked out the flower and stared at it. 

The flower that meant purity, grief, truth and death

I looked up to see a group of sweet peas growing and I looked at it as I cried even more. I walked up to the sweet pea and looked at it as my legs collapsed inwards.

That flower means goodbye.

I clutched the white chrysanthemum in my hand as I touched the soft petals. I stood up and walked out of the garden into the forest. I walked into the forest to come into a clearing to see a patch of red spider lilies growing around a single grave.

The place where we said goodbye

I walked up towards it as I placed the flower onto the grave as I looked at the grave. 

"I am sorry, Muichiro. I am sorry I broke the promise," I said crying in front of the grave with my face cupped in between my hands as I shook back and forth.

I felt a warm gust of wind wrap around me as I cried feeling the gut-wrenching ache as my heart throbbed with an ache that felt like it was ripping me apart.

I wish you were still alive

"Stop crying, Y/N, no matter what, I will always be with you," said a voice as I looked up to see the clouds, the shape of Muichiro.

I gasped looking at the clouds. 

"Muichiro?" I said as the clouds drifted away.

"Thank you for everything, Muichiro," I muttered looking up smiling softly.

"Thank you..." I said closing my eyes 

NekoNya's Message

I know I am spamming out Muichiro fanfic, but yeah this is my way of grieving. I know it has been weeks since the manga chapter had came out but I actually still feel very sad about it.