Rui|Promises|

Rui's POV

Rui's POV

"Y/N?" I said as she turned around smiling gently among all the flowers that surrounded her.

Her hair 

Softly swaying to the wind

was always a sight to behold

"Hi, Rui," she said softly as I looked at her kindly.

"You know that question you asked me yesterday?" I asked looking down to the ground as she nodded.

Why haven't you changed me into a demon, just like the others?

"I don't want to change you into a demon because you're different," I said as I sighed.

I don't want you to suffer the pain

"Thanks for answering, Rui," she softly replied as I stood there feeling my usually cold heart ignite.

It was a mysterious feeling

However, it just felt so...

Reassuring

Y/N's POV

My heart always skips a beat 

For the person 

Who devours humans and mistreat others

I know what is going on...

But why?

"Y/N, tonight, I have to go into battle," he said as I looked at him in shock.

"Again... why must you fight? Why can't you just..." I stuttered.

Why can't you just live a peaceful life...

beside me?

"Y/N, everything will be fine," he said smiling as I looked at him trembling.

"What if you don't come back... what if you die?" I asked as he hugged me gently.

"I promise everything will be fine... I promise," he said as I hugged him back.

Why can't he understand how I feel?

"I am going to go now, Y/N," he said as I nodded.

He walked away silently as I stood there watching him walk off into the dark forest.

TimeSkip

Dusk...

The beginning of darkness

I ran into the dark forest carefully climbing onto the trees watching Rui and his 'family'.

The battle has begun...

TimeSkip

I climbed down the tree and ran moving as fast as my legs could go.

I could hear the clashing between Rui and the boy.

His katana

was broken

yet 

he was still fighting

Why is he still fighting?

I ran and ran towards Rui and the boy.

I knew the forest by the back of my hand as I hid behind a tree and watched as the battle played out. I could see the boy on the ground as he tried to stand bleeding lot and lots of blood.

I could see a demon hanging upside down as Rui's thread's sliced into her limbs. I could hear her watch the battle in agony.

The boy was still fighting swinging his broken katana with a will that seemed so powerful.

So powerful

It could destroy anyone

His sword started sparking as flames erupted everywhere as Rui sent out more and more threads. The boy was running quickly as he sliced the threads before nearly touching Rui. Rui looked at him in surprise as he jumped back dodging every move before sending threads that nearly sliced the boy into cubes.

Suddenly, pink flames erupted and after a split second...

His head was flying off.

I watched in terror as I stood there trembling.

I knew this was going to happen

Why didn't he listen...

He started regenerating as I watched in confusion as he explained to the boy what happened.

He unleashed more threads enclosing the boy and suddenly, a guy with dark blue hair sliced it all up easily.

He looked at the boy calmly and looked back at the Rui that sent more threads towards with his Blood Demon Art. His thread all scattered as soon as they went near the man who just walked up to Rui and sliced his head off.

I could hear them talking as I fell to the ground sobbing. I could see their heads turn as the man walked towards me. 

"You killed... him..." I said sobbing as the man looked at me emptily.

"He devoured people, he deserves it," said the man as I sobbed even harder.

All he wanted

Was to be strong

Have a family

Even if he didn't understand

Why?

He promised...

I realize...

Promises are meant to broken

NekoNya's Message

Do you all like Rui as a character?