Obanai|Shy|

Five years ago

Five years ago

"What should I do today?" I asked my sister,(S/N).

"How about we go outside!" yelled (S/N) as she dragged me outside the house.

"Okay," I replied as she dragged me to the nearby park. Something was off, the usually busy park was filled with the eerie silence that wafted over our heads. The air felt thick with the fumes of blood.

"Stay here," I told (S/N) as she nodded.

I walked around the garden noticing a red handprint that smeared the metal wirings of an arch. The flowers were withering as they dripped blood in a slow manner. 

"Stop!" yelled (S/N) as I turned around in shock running towards her. 

A demon.

Those tales that my grandmother told me were

Real?

"Stop!" I yelled as the demon looked at me with its deep purple eyes. 

The demon raised its hand as its nails grew longer and longer. S/N looked in shock as she tried to run but the demon pierced her skin with her long nails. I could hear S/N's agony. I could hear the pain that ruptured out of her throat. I watched in fear as my arms and knees shook. My legs collapsed between me as my eyes zoomed in and out at a rapid rate. My eyes blurred as cold tears leaked out.

 I saw the demon grab her head and put its nails out as the blood dripped off her nails. She dropped the body on the floor and I watched as the blood gushed out of her body spreading around the demon. The organs were still connected as the demon ripped them out and ate them. 

The demon licked his chapped lips as he ate them, he ate them with the most disgusting noises that make my body lurch. Vomit was rising up my throat.

"No..." I said as I cried looking at the ground as I shook in fear and agony. My only family is gone. I don't have anyone left.  My arms shook and broke out as my face felt the cold soil against my skin as I cried even harder.

Why is life so cruel?

Am I going to... 

die?

I heard the footsteps become louder and louder as I closed my eyes. I was ready to embrace my death, ready to embrace the fact that I was weak. 

The fact that I couldn't run away from reality.

I heard a slash in the background as I opened my eyes to see a man that had short black hair that reached up to his neck as he flew down and sliced the demon's head off. I could see the long blade that was curved just like a snake.

"I am sorry," he said as I heard his calm voice.

"But... you didn't do anything wrong," I said as I cried again.

"If I had just arrived sooner, I would have been able to save her," he said as he walked towards me. 

"It was my fault for being... weak," I replied as he held out his hand as I stood up.

"Thanks..." I said as I looked at the ground.

My body nodded back and forth as I felt my eyes closing as the world turned dark. I could feel a hand behind me as it lifted me up. I couldn't process anything.

But the fact that darkness shrouds my life.

Now

"I am really sorry for bumping into you. I... I didn't see you," I said as I bowed with my eyes closed.

"Whatever, you're really stupid," said Sanemi as I gritted my teeth and clenched the sleeves. He would constantly yell at me whenever I tried to help. I constantly help Shinobu around the Butterfly Estate and every once in a while, I would get comments like this.

"Sanemi, you should stop being so rude," said Obanai as he suddenly appeared kneeling on the ground before standing up.

"Huh, what did you say, you piece of shit," he said to Obanai as he stood in front of me.

"You should apologize," said Obanai as I watched in fear.

"No," he replied as Obanai stared at him coldly.

"Fine, whatever. Sorry," he said as he walked off.

"Are you alright?" he asked as I nodded.

"Yeah, I am fine," I replied smiling.

"That's good," he said as he hugged me tightly and walked away. I walked down to Mitsuri-san as she waved towards me joyfully.

"Hello, Mitsuri-san," I said bowing and she smiled brightly.

"Just call me Mitsuri, Y/N. Today is wonderful, isn't it?" she said smiling.

"Yeah..." I said playing with my sleeves.

"You're so cute, Y/N," said Mitsuri who became a blushing mess.

"Thanks... you really think so?" I asked as she nodded.

"I bet you one hundred per cent that Obanai likes you!" she yelled as I blushed. 

"Wha-, no way!" I said as I waved my hands around flustered as she smiled.

"Fufu. You feel the same, don't you?" she asked.

"No... you're getting the wrong idea!" I yelled as she smiled. I covered my face as I could hear her laughing.

"I have to go now," said Mitsuri smiling and laughing as I peeked through my hands.

"Sorry..." I said as she laughed.

"That is exactly why he likes you," she said as she walked away. I can't believe that just happened.  

NekoNya's Message

Well, here lel. Thx for the 2.6K views!

Some random thingo I drew