Tanjiro|Smile|

"Finally

"Finally..." I said as I watched the demon disintegrate into thin air. I could feel the warm blood trickle down my face, arms and legs. 

 I looked up to see dead bodies scattered around dripping blood onto the fresh white snow. Limbs weren't even connected anymore.

Eyes that were gouged out with a single nerve tying it together, necks that were dislocated with bones sticking out of their smooth, pale skin. Hair that was dyed with blood that was clumpy and dry.

I looked at my hands smeared with blood from humans and demons.

Am I really doing the right thing?

I don't like fighting, I wish we didn't have to struggle to survive.

Why did demons even have to exist?

Why was the world so blatantly cruel?

"I am so sorry, I couldn't save any of you," I said bowing my head in sorrow. I didn't even know these people. These people massacred for their blood and flesh.

I looked at the bodies that resembled children and I felt myself tearing up. My eyes dripped like a faucet with an infinite supply of water. 

"Mother?" I muttered as my whole body shook in fear and terror. My legs collapsed inwards as I fell on all fours. I could feel like my vision was blurring out as my arms broke out. I felt my face on the cold snow as I looked up to see the organs fall out of their bodies with a horrible squelching noise. 

"S/N?"

Their bodies were surrounded by blood as I closed my eyes. My eyes were burning just like a scorching red flame that had seared my eyelids as I felt the memories flashed across my eyes. It was suffocating, it felt like someone had grabbed my heart and ripped in half. My fingers were digging into the skin my palm as warm blood trickled out of my hands as my nails dripped with blood. The pain was so nostalgic, it almost felt kind of reassuring.

Flashback

"Tanjiro, I am going back to my house, I will see you tomorrow!" I exclaimed smiling brightly as he smiled back at me. He gently patted my head as he smiled at me softly.

"Stay safe," he said as I smiled back. He always made me smile, no matter how painful something was, he was always able to cheer me up.

Until she died.

I skipped back home humming to myself happily. 

"I am home!" I yelled as I opened the door to hear dead silence.

"Okaasan, S/N?" I asked as I looked around the house. My dad died when I was born so it was only the three of us.

Suddenly, I heard a blood-curling scream and I felt it send shivers up my spine. It sounded like S/N and I ran out of the back door to see a demon.

 A small little girl devouring my mother.

"Okaasan, S/N!" I yelled as I saw the small little girl ripped off mother's limbs and plopping the whole thing into her mouth and smiling with the utmost pleasure.

My sister and I stood there in shock as she licked her small little lips and ripped out the organs plopping them in her mouth as if they were gummies.

"Stop!" I yelled as the small girl tilted her head looking at me. Her lips were dripping with blood as she dropped my mother's body and walked towards me. 

"It has been a while since I have eaten children," she said reaching out to grab my hand as my sister intervened protecting me. 

"Oneesan... don't die..." I muttered as I heard screams of agony and pain.

I heard a slash in the background as I fell to the ground blacking out.

He's dead, isn't he?

Now

"Y/N?" I heard as I opened my eyes to see a boy with a checkered haori in my face. He looked somewhat familiar. He smiled as I looked at him in shock.

That smile

"Tan..Tanjiro?" I said as he smiled.

"I thought... you were dead," I said as he smiled gently.

"Well, I am not," he said gently lifting me up from the snow and hugging me. Suddenly, a girl popped out of the box he was carrying on his back.

"Nezuko?" I said as I noticed her bamboo muzzle.

"Is she a demon?" I asked as Tanjiro nodded.

"For a demon, she is so docile," I said as Nezuko hugged me gently.

"Mufu mufu," she said as I smiled.

"It has been a while, hasn't it?" I said smiling as they smiled back.

"It sure has, Y/N," said Tanjiro.

NekoNya's Message

I really hope that next year's writing exam will be narrative lol. The person who reads it tho will be so confused why I am writing about blood lol.