Hello Mother In Law

Charles has been sent to a desk.
Alot of people are in a frenzy running here and there.
At first he is startled how it looks so natural to be here.
He smiles and work.
But he finish his job effortlessly.
Arranging petitions.
Tallying budget.
Sorting files.
Its a mountain of files but in a blink of an eye he is already done.
Do not underestimate a man who got enslave in a small company and learn to multi task at young age.
He looks at the others whonis struggling. Their job looks more complex than his and so he offers his help.
At first the first guy he asks stare at him with ridicule.
Give him a hard to do job, the toughest one to mock him but the result is a shame defeat.

"You are more capable than I thought, lad." The old man praises him to no end.

Charles smiles awkwardly.
Its normal for him to help out when he has no other things to do.

And so, he become a popular guy in the department.

"Keeper, asks Taylor about this paper and go to the Minister of Defense."
The Chairman is like always has so many things to do he dont even lift his eyes to look at Keeper.

"Yes but how about a break? You should eat."

"What time is it?"

"Its already 5 in the afternoon."

"Tell the guys to have a break. Im sure everyone is having another rough time."

"Okay."

Keeper just walk inside the department and got shock.
Everyone is still busy like always but they dont look as desperate. No one is shouting and no one is fighting.
There is also one young man who is running here and there but therr is no sweat in his face just concentration.

"Everyone. Its dinner time." Keeper said clapping his hand.

Everyone stops what they are doing and sigh.

"Oh." Charles stops and take what he is carrying to his desk.

Keeper feels refresh looking at them.
"What happen? The guys in the Military Department didnt come to nag us?" He said with a smile. They always clash with the Military department. They are the Affair's headache.

"They did come. Our star player fix the problem." Taylor said puffing his chest in a proud tone.

"Our...Star player?" Keeper looks around and see that everyone is staring at the guy who is packing his food and preparing to eat.

"What?" Charles got conscious and didnt continue eating.

"This dude is a gem! I thought he is nothing but a nuisance but well people change." Taylor laughs loudly and everyone follows.

Charles reddened when he heard them praising him scratching his head.

"I am Ministry of Affair's Manager. Ill do my job from now on." He said with a bit of shy smile.

Everyone claps their hand making Charles more embarrassed.

Keeper is shock but then he smiles.
He knows Taylor hates Charles so if he is praising him like this must be because he gain his trust.

"Welcome abord then." Keeper said smiling at Charles.

Charles nod and give his signature smile.

Everyone blushes seeing an innocent smile like that from a well build young man.

***

Charles has his pack early dinner so he didnt leave to eat in the restaurant like the others. He is all alone in the office when the Chairman walk to his desk.