Pampered Wife

"You look happy for someone bruised all over." Taylor said and smacks Charles shoulder.

"Ouch!" Charles evades the next smack and beams. "My wife see me off to work!" He boast.

"Oh? That male wife of yours?"

"Why do you sound like that? Julius is slowly opening up to me arent you happy for me? See? Even if you flood me with work today Ill still be very happy."

"You say that. Dont blame me later."

"Oh, just give it all to me. I have to put this excitement to use or I might explode from too much happiness. The God and Goddess up above might get jealous of me if I dont have grievance!"

"This much happiness from being seen off to work? Arent you a simpleton?"

"Ehehe. My hus-Wife is a ferocious tiger afterall."

The two is talking happily when Eric arrives.
He nods at Taylor and look at Charles.
His bruises looks alot more horrifying.

"Are you fit to work?" He asks.

"Oh. I am raring to go!" Charles shows a victory sign and his signature smile.

"The Ivonn's family is over. The pressure is too much for them to handle. Im sure it wont be long till their nobility be stipped from them."

"Eh? Can nobility be stripped?" Charles tilt his head.

"They are lower nobles afterall. And arent your brother pressuring the King to stripped them off completely? Rendered them naked?"
Eric said as he walks away.

Taylor and Charles look at each other.

"Rookie, your family is awesome and scary." Taylor said.

"Oh well...Hmm..Arent they lovely?" Charles said laughing.

***

"I told you to give me the gift my husband picked for my brother and you give me this?" Julius is angry, startled and confuse.
Is this head housekeeper playing games with him and he gave him a paper list of expensive stuffs. Is he testing him if he can tell which is which?

"Young Master Julius wants this servant to take out all of these stuffs?"

"Not all this stuff! Only what he....Are you telling me that he wants to gift all of these?!" Julius raises from his chair.

The servant knows what he is feeling. He is also startled when Charles told him. But then again, Charles is rich. He has his own jewelry shops. He has his own diamond mines. All those are gifts of his father, the Prime Minister. This much is nothing but change to the Young Master.

"Yes. Young Master said that if its not enough Young Master Julius should take more. And...He wants this servant to ask if you wish to be incharge of the family's treasury and businesses."

"....he told me about the treasury but...what about his businesses?"
Julius head is spinning. He never seen so many money this whole life despite him working as a accountant in the number one brothel house before.
Did he really marry the Prime Minister son or a Prince?

"The young Master Charles rarely has time to see these shops. He is afraid that if itll be this way everytime some people will have an idea. So if you wish to manage them then its fine. But he said not to take too much work and also.." the housekeeper take a deep breath. Saying all of what the young master Charles instruction he is out of breath. He is actually excited. That is why he is talking too fast. Its just doesnt show to his face.

"..also?" Julius blinks. He thinks this is already too much for the day. Overwhelmed, his heart is light and beating so fast.

"He also said that if you wish to go out then you dont need his permission. Only, he wants you to bring a guard with you everytime."

".....Im free to go?"

"Be back before bed time, he said."

".....you are not deceiving me?"

"I wouldnt dare."

"Then....Huh?...Can I visit my mother then?"

"If you wish to. No one is stopping you."

".....um..." Julius is very happy. He appreciate this newly found freedom.
He wants to go but he remembers something.

"I remember my husband has jewerly shops and some diamond mines."

"Young Master Julius is correct. 5 Jewelry shops in the capital. They export Jewels too but the Young Master refuses to open branches outside the capital. Also 3 working diamond mines. I can say, he is the richest man in his generation. Not even the rumored second Prince has this much funding."

Julius hears the second prince being mentioned and he jolts.
This...his husband resources is too much. Will the second prince who desperately need funding for his fight for the crown give it up?
He clenched his fist.
He can accept if Charles takes a woman mistress. But if he takes a man other than him. He will really try to kill him.
His heart is troubled and he is grinding his teeth in anger.

"Young Master?"

"Call for a carriage and arrange me a guard. I will visit my husband's shops."

"Then this servant will come with you. Also," he takes a token and place it to his hand.

"This.."

"Young Master Charles wish for Young Master Julius to take this token if he wants to handle business. Its the token meant to be use by the owner."

Julius hugs it.
His heart push down the second prince deep in the mud and he feels light.

"Okay. Show me around." He said as he smiles.

***

The shop managers are very haughty and arrogant. They have been the manager for years. The Young Master Charles rarely come and never hinder them. They enjoy protection and good money also benefit from the good sales. They cant be more happier than this. When Julius arrives with the head housekeeper of their young master. The first manager in the largest shop sneers at him.
Julius didnt take offense but the house keeper did.
Julius is amaze how the old and laid back housekeeper become a ferocious beast and fight the manager.

"I will tell you to the Young Master. Kiss your position goodbye by then!" The housekeeper said huffing and puffing.

Julius is scared for his health.
"That is enough Dylan."

"How can you say that? This servant doesnt know much but the Young Master Charles order is absolute. Not a single grievance to befall Young Master Julius or head will fly!" He said.

Everyone in the shop including Julius is shock by the housekeeper words. He cant be lying. If he wants to lie, he will do it softly that no one can hear. But no, he not only say it loudly, he even puff his chest like a manly man.

The manager gulps down.
Bloody eyes look at Julius. He only sneer at him right? He didnt even say anything yet.
He kneeled and kowtowed to Julius.

"Young Master I am wrong. Please dont...please dont fire me. I do my job diligently. Never steal. Never make underhanded things. Just a little arrogant. I beg you."

Julius doesnt know what to do but first he let the manager shows them inside. The spectacle already taking too much attention. Even he doesnt want to smear bad reputation to his own husband.

A/N:

I ate macaroni soup from Jolibee and I love it so much its gone in seconds.