The Way We Get By

The Way We Get By
[The Walker Sisters Duo Book #1]
reannekennedy17

The Way We Get By [The Walker Sisters Duo Book #1]reannekennedy17

Best friends.
Neighbors.
And a spark that can't be ignored.

Emyln Walker and Hainsey Stone have been best friends since grade five, but just after their relationship takes a big step, Emyln's parents divorce and she's moving to a different city, leaving Hainsey alone in the beautiful city of Whistler, BC.

Five years later, Emyln turning up, bringing old memories with her and opening old wounds. But Emyln — even better looking than Hainsey remembers — seems determined to rekindle what she left behind, revive their friendship no matter how much Hainsey tries to push her away.

Since her departure, he's been facing demons of his own. With a dad that walked out with another woman, and a mom that's a heroin addict, Hainsey has been struggling to keep gis head above water for the past five years. Working two jobs, he barely makes enough money to keep his mon happy. Hainsey is playing a danger game that he doesn't want Emyln, his childhood best friend — and sweetheart — to know about.

Forced to work together over the summer, Hainsey can't help but start falling for Emyln, and soon they're in the midst of a passionate romance that neither of them wants to end.

But both Hainsey and Emyln knows that if they want this relationship to last, they need to confront the past and the present — both containing events and decisions that they want to stay buried.

reannekennedy17
Book Status : Completed