Chapter 4

(Elijah POV)

It is dark, I can't see anything... Where am I?

" Brother... " I feel someone pulling my shirt, I look around and see a person who has blood around her body.

" Who are- "

" I'm your sister. Did you forget about me? " The bloody face gets more clear, then I see Emi, looking at me with hatred.

" Emi...? What happened! Why are you- "

" I thought you promised to escape the mansion with me and Sinar... Why did you not fulfill the promise? Now it is too late, both of us are de-"

" No Emi... this is not true... "

" Face it, we are... DEAD! "

---

" ARGHHHH! " I jolted up and panting rapidly. Looking around me, and figured out that I'm in my bedroom. I take a few inhales and exhales, then looking up at the old ceiling.

So it was a dream? Why is it look so real? I use my shirt to wipe away the sweat I have because of my dream.

Then pain suddenly attacks me, I cover my stomach with both of my hands. I stayed like that until the pain kind of go away. I then take off my shirt and check on my injure I got yesterday.

'I should have seen the doctor as Sinar offers...' Then I shake my head, ' No, I can't bother him anymore... He helped us too much. He'll get into trouble if he continues helping us. '

I leave the bed, resisting the pain and walk to Emi's room

I leave the bed, resisting the pain and walk to Emi's room. I walk in there and see her sleeping soundly. I gently touch her face.

" Emi... I promise I'll bring both of you and Sinar out of this hell... " I whisper and kiss her forehead. Then I leave the room and softly closes the door.

I left my home and begins walking to the main family mansion to see my schedule for today. I'm not sure if I can do the missions properly today, my wound hurts me a lot that I can walk properly.

" Morning! " I heard then I realized that I already arrived at the main family mansion. I look at where the voice comes from then I feel someone wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

" Sinar... " I recognized him without looking at him. I heard him giggling then I start staring at him. We both walk into the mansion, to the room where lord Sogoleri works.

' I must act like I'm fine or else he'll be worry... ' I remind myself as I secretly stare at Sinar.

" Father! " I heard Sinar greeting, then I bow

Ouch... my wound is hurting like hell! I reluctantly stand up again and look down at the floor.

" Sinar, you may rest today. Elijah shall do your missions today. " lord Sogoleri orders.

" Yes my lord. " I slightly frown without anyone recognizing, I'll be in big trouble if they see me frown. I look at my stomach then the pain rises.

" Father, I don't need to rest, I can help Elijah with his missions. " Sinar suggests.

For Emi and Sinar's sake, I can't collapse... I need to endure this...

" Sinar, you don't need to help him with anything, It is his job to help you with your jobs. " lord Sogoleri explained as he waves his hand and tells us to leave.

" Father, you can't do this to Elijah just because he is from the branch- " I pulled Sinar's shirt to stop him finishing his sentence.

" Tch... " Sinar bows anxiously then leave the room with me.

" I'm sorry Elijah... " Sinar apologizes. I stare at him then place my hand on his shoulder.

" Is fine, I can manage this. " I commented then I walk away from him.

---

After I walk away from Sinar for a distance, I bend down and begin coughing out blood.

" Damn... " I muttered as I wipe away the blood I cough out. I grudgingly stand up and walks to the front gate of the Ubidi territory.

It is difficult for me to move, I feel dizzy and my wound hurts like hell. I feel like I'm going to collapse soon. But I can't, I need to stay strong or else Emi and Sinar might get into trouble because of me.

I clench my fist to make myself more conscious, then I realize that I already arrive at the front gate. I walk to the gate and see the same butler the same as yesterday.

" Lord Elijah, here's your mission today. " Alfred again hands in the letter to me and I read over it. Tearing off the letter. Before I go, I slightly looked up and see the butler's face, I stared into his eyes. His eyes are...!

" Your eyes are... " I shockingly look at him and stared at him. Then the butler blinked his eyes. His eye color then turns into black. How...?

" Lord Elijah, what are you talking about? " Alferd confusedly look at me. I rub my eyes then look into his eyes again. They are still black.

" ... Nothing. " I turn around then leave the mansion.

---