Chapter 17

( Elijah's POV )

My chest is tingling. It must be the side effect of me using my power for more than a minute. I thought Elias and Sogoleri might be inside of the room, so I used my power in case anything happens, but it ends up only having Scitus in the room.

Luckily I manage to stab him before I unactivated my power. Or else it might take me a while to recover, then I might be killed. Although Scitus is as fat as a pig, he is still a member of Ubidi, of course, his assassination skills are good.

I wonder why is Scitus still not coming out. Maybe he is just farewelling to Scitus, even though he said that he doesn't look Scitus as a family, but the truth is they are siblings.

I close my eyes and clench my chest. Seems like I'm still not fully recovered from the flu and injury... I doubt if I am able to revenge for Emi...

I feel like I can still hear her voice, telling me not to kill and escape the mansion with Sinar...

I'm sorry Emi, but there's no way that I can do that anymore... Sinar is poisoned... he lied that he'll be able to create an antidote, which is impossible in such a short time. I know he is trying to hide from me but... I am not that stupid.

Sinar will die soon, really soon. At that time, I'll probably be alone again, losing both my sister and best friend in such a short period, how pathetic.

" Elijah... " Sinar finally comes out from the room. I look up to him and tries to stand up, " Let's go- "

Sinar says as he falls forward, " Sinar! "

I managed to catch him before he hits the ground. I let him lean on me, he barely opens his eyes and makes a wry smile. "Seems like... that's it for me... "

His body is cold, like a block of freezing ice. His entire arm turns purple, that's it. My dearest friend is dying.

" Can... can you bring me outside... before I go? " Sinar asks as I nod, then carries him at my back, walking towards the backyard of the main family's mansion. I bring him to where we used to play together when we were young. I place him on the grass, then he begins looking up to the sky that is full of stars.

" Elijah? "

" Yes? "

" Can you still remember how we first met each other? "

I think for a while, I can still remember how I used to hate him because he is trying to stay close with Emi, " Indeed... "

" Haha... that time Emilijah was still here wasn't she... " my heart trembled, us three used to stay together all the time. I can still remember the time we have dinner together, chatting and chilling together. That time was happy.

" What are you going to do when you finish your revenge? " Sinar asks, closing his eyes.

" I don't know... there's no reason for me to live... "

" Go travel around the world... and you will be able to find a goal to... live... "

" Sinar... I'm thankful... "

" For what? "

" I'm thankful for meeting you. You make my life more interesting and thanks for always taking care of me and Emi... I- " It is probably my first time saying these words, " I am not good at showing my emotions but... I truly look you as my best friend... Sinar... I- "

I look at Sinar, who is laying down next to me. He is now closing his eyes, looking peaceful and calm. He just seems like asleep.

" Sinar? " I stare at him, not knowing what to do. I don't want to check his heartbeat... I don't want to face the truth... he must be alive... indeed, he is just alive... he- By the time I kill Elias and Sogoleri, he should be awake... yes... he'll wake up soon.

-

-

-

" Sinar, I'll be back soon

" Sinar, I'll be back soon... goodnight. "

---