Chapter 10

( Elijah's POV )

" BROTHER!!! "

That's Emi's voice... what happened?

My throat feels itchy and I cough. Then I slowly open my eyes and sees the ceiling. Seems like I'm in my bedroom...

" Brother? " I again hear Emi's voice so I sit up and look around the room. What the hell is going on here?!

" Sutarutos? Scitus? Why are you... " I confusedly look at them, then I hear some sobbing sound from the ground. I look down and I find... Emi.

" Brother... you are awake? " Emi closes her eyes and a few big drops of tears come out from her eyes. Her right cheek is swollen and she is... bleeding. I feel anger and I enlarge my eyes.

" HOW DARE YOU! " I jump off from the bed, did a backflip in the air and landed in front of Emi

" HOW DARE YOU! " I jump off from the bed, did a backflip in the air and landed in front of Emi. " E-Emi... are you fine? " I gently ask as I touch her wound on her face. She winced in pain as she begins trembling.

" I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm useless... that's why I didn't manage to protect you... I was too scared and I... I... " A few more drops of tears comes out from her eyes.

" Sutarutos... Scitus... " I glare at the two inhumane, brutal cousins with hatred and wrath.

" oh don't glare at us with those scary eyes... I'm SO SCARED HAHAHHAHAHAHA! " both Sutarutos and Scitus begins laughing nonstop.

" You... you can do anything to me but... NOT MY SISTER!! " I run towards and ready to punch my fist into Sutaruto's face.

" Don't you remember your promise with your father? " I'm shocked by what he is saying, and stop my fist right in front of his nose.

I opened my eyes in fright and sweated cold, " How did you- "

" Oh wow, are you stupid? Of course people from the main family will know this! And isn't this why the cripple one is still alive right? " Sutarutos giggles.

...

" What are you talking about? " Emi suddenly questions.

NO! Please, no one tell her the truth! She'll collapse!

" Seriously? You didn't tell her the truth? " make a malicious grin while Scitus starts playing with the dagger on his hand. Wait, that smell... isn't that...

" You are just trying to poison me by stabbing me with the dagger right? " I change the topic to distract them from telling Emi the truth.

" What are you talking about? "

" Artus... isn't it? " I stare at them alertly. Scitus whistles, " Wow, that's why people call you a genius. Just by looking at the dagger, you recognized what poison is on it. Come to me... "

Scitus throws the dagger that has Artus on it to Sutarutos. I clench my fists then walk towards my evil cousin. Step by step, I'm getting closer to him. I can feel my body trembling... I was poisoned by this before as training and I know how painful is it. I would never want to experience it again... But if this can save Emi from getting any trouble... I don't mind.

" No! Brother! This dagger is with poison on! The side effects are- " Emi screams as she continues covering her cheek with her hand.

" Is fine... " I whisper as I continue walking to Sutarutos.

" NO! "

---