Chapter 15

( Sinar's POV)

"Ummm... " I slowly open my eyes and look around, finding myself sitting in front of a room. I look outside the window and see the moon hanging up in the air.

So I fell asleep while waiting for Elijah...

I wonder is he feeling better now...

*Whoosh *

Is the sound of wind... Isn't the window closed all the time?

I decide to check out whether Elijah is fine or not. I stand and knocks the door, but it remain silence.

" Elijah? " I knock the door again but there's no reply. I frown, " I am coming in- "

I walk into the room and walk straight to the bed. Noone is there, Elijah is not sleeping in the bed. Instead, I see the window open, strong wind blowing into the room.

" Where the hell is he? " I confusedly question while looking around the room for some hints. Then, I find a small piece of folded paper unter the lamp on the table.

I pick up the paper and unfold it, seeing a short sentence written on the paper. " Is Elijah's handwriting... " I whisper to myself. Seeing how the ink is dry, he must write this like an hour ago.

Sinar, thank you for everything. But there's something I need to do now, don't search for me. Leave the mansion once you read this note.

Please let me do one last thing... for Emi.

REVENGE... the first word coming up in my mind. I sense something perilous. I immediately walk to the opened window, looking down. Elijah is able to jump down from here queitly! He is a freaking assassin genius!

Is he trying to kill every single person in this mansion? He has the power and skill to do this! To everyone... BUT not to my father! He is not powerful enough to do this!

Telling me to leave the mansion huh? No way! I'm going to stop you!

I jump down from the window and begins running rapidly in the forest, towards the main family mansion.

" Please Elijah, don't do something stupid. "

---

( ???'s POV )

" Please... let me... AHHHH! " another butler collapsed on the ground, he first stuggled then he stops moving after a few seconds.

" Lord Elijah... you are betraying the family... "

( Elijah's POV )

An old, injured butler difficultly stands up, blocking my way. It is dark around the place now, but I can still see his face. The person who made all those tragic happen... Giles.

If he didn't injure me, I'll be able to protect Emi and she won't be out of control... and...

I frown as I remember, I point my poisoned dagger at him, ready to stab into his body.

" I'm also the butler of Ubidi family... Of course I won't be defeated by you so easily! " Giles grins evily as he dodge my attack by bending down, then he kick the dagger away from my hand as I was still shocked by how he dodge my attack.

" Tch... " As I realized that the dagger is not on my hand anymore, I try to get the dagger that is a inch away from me.

" Too late betrayer... " Giles picks up the dagger and begins playing it in his hands, " Lord Elijah, you know? This is called a plottwist. "

Great, I don't have my weapon with me now...

---

( Sinar's POV )