Chapter 6

( Emilijah's POV)

" Ah! I need to go prepare dinner now, it is already 4 o'clock! " I said as I drive myself to the kitchen. I look at the ingredients I have then I hesitate, thinking about what to cook tonight.

" Tomatoes, pasta, garlic... I guess I'll just cook pasta! " I decided happily then I begin cooking dinner. I boiled the water, then I put in the plates of pasta into the boiled water. Afterward, I cut the tomatoes and put them into the pan and add some water into it. Adding salt and pepper, and mix them with the cooked pasta.

" Done! " I cheer and look at the clock. It is already at 5 o'clock. I guess I finish cooking too early hehe. Maybe I'll have my brother going to the garden and have a walk with me when he comes back! Then we can have dinner together! I giggle and drive myself to the bookshelf and takes my favorite book - The Soul.

" Ribica! Let me show you my favorite book all the time! "  I drive myself next to the fish tank

" Ribica! Let me show you my favorite book all the time! " I drive myself next to the fish tank. " This book is about a boy named Noah, he has the power to control any souls. This is always my favorite novel and I've reread it several times. " I smile then I started reading the book.

---

( Elijah's POV )

I jolted up because of pain, I pants and wipes my sweat. I look around and find myself sitting on the branch.

" Right... I was escaping from Todd's mansion... and I- " I remind myself then I look up to the sky, I closed my eyes. My body is exhausted, maybe because I use my magic for too many times, or maybe because I'm injured. I don't know.

" The sky is dark... " I tiredly jump to the ground and begins running. I need can't be too late, or else Emi will be worrying about me! I think as I try my best to run.

---

( Emilijah's POV )

Brother should be back soon! It is already at 7 o'clock. I cover my book and put it back into my bookshelf.

* Geek *

The door opens! It must be my brother! I drive myself to the front door as fast as I can. Then I see my brother standing outside at the front door. It is dark outside and I can't really see his face and body.

" Brother! " I cheer and he pats my head. I happily giggled then I looked at him. " Can we please go out and have a walk! Before dinner? " I requested.

" Sure. " brother immediately agrees then he drives me to the garden and closes the door.

" Brother, I can just drive myself! Remember this is an electronic wheelchair. "

" Is fine... I can do it," he said as he pushes my wheelchair faster. I giggle and look up at the sky, it is dark but I can still see a few stars shining in the sky.

" I was rereading The Soul just now! It is good as always. " I started a topic then I begin telling the story and explaining the details to my brother.

" Hey brother, what's your schedule tomorrow? " I changed the topic after a while. He keeps silent for a few seconds.

" Training in the morning, two missions from afternoon to evening. Then I can come home. "

More killings... I frown and keep silent. Brother continuously pushing me around the garden, i bit my lip and take a deep breath.

" Brother... do you have to do all those missions? "

" Yes. "

" Stop... stop killing! "

---

( Elijah's POV )

( Elijah's POV )

I'm surprised, I never think that Emi will talk to me like this. I hold the handle on the wheelchair tighter. What should I tell her? I promise father to kill, in order to protect her. She'll definitely blame herself...

" I have to. " I said wisely while acting like I don't care about it at all. I look at Emi, who is trembling.

" Why? " she sounds a little bit angry.

" I... I love killing...? " oh no... why did I make this comment into an interrogative sentence? I'm just not good at lying.

" he... you love killing? You are so bad at lying. " she sneers. I can never lie at her... I just can't.

" I- "

" Brother! " she yells, " Escape from the family! With Sinar! As long as you are with Sinar, you can definitely escape!"

I've been planning this ever since the day I manage to keep you alive... but there's no way to escape from here... I've been thinking for 6 years!

" You can just leave me alone here, that way I won't be your encumbrance! " Emi shouts.

" There's no way I can leave you alone! " I rarely raise up my voice at Emi. She looks shocked but then she talks back, " If I'm not here, you can just escape here easily with Sinar right?"

I clenches my fist and looks down at the floor. What she is saying is true... I could have escape with Sinar easily without Emi... The reason why I can't think of any way to escape is because of Emi handicap.

" I- "

" You hate killing! Brother, you are the most precious person to me... I don't want to be the one who makes you suffer! "

---

( Emilijah's POV )

" Achoo... " our argument stopped as brother sneezes. I immediately look back and see him wiping his nose.

" Oh no, are you cold brother? Shall we go back home now? " I worriedly ask as he walks next to me and pats my head, " Is fine, we can walk longer if you want to. "

I'm so glad to have an elder brother like him. He's the best. Protecting me all the time and just spoiling me. That's why I don't want him to suffer because of me. I frown and hold his hand. Wait...

" Oh my god! Your hand is as cold as ice! Are you ok?! " I anxiously asked my brother. Then I accidentally touched his clothes, they are wet.

" Your clothes are all wet! What happened?! " I can't hold myself anymore then I turn my wheelchair and now I'm facing my brother.

" I... I was sweating," he said with a serious face. He is so bad at lying or finding excuses.

" You are lying. "

" ... I fell into the fountain while completing my mission today. "

" Brother! Let's rush back home now! Or else you might get flu! " I point at the direction at where out home is. Then brother speeds up and pushes me to home.

After tonight, everything has changed. This is my last time being able to have a walk with my brother. But I argued with him, the last time when I can have a walk with him in my life.

---