Chapter 5

(3rd person POV)

" Dominique Todd, 53 years old. The son of Earl Todd... " Elijah mumbles as he runs to where his target it.

' Nobles are hated by a lot of people huh? ' He thought as he did a backflip and lands on the ground, looking around him.

He is now at the Earl Todd's mansion. There are noises and music playing out loud. Inside there should be having a party now. Elijah observes around him.

" Brat, get away from here! " a soldier suddenly walks to Elijah. He then stops walking and clicks his fingers.

" Time Pause," he whispers.

At that moment, everything around him stops. The soldier who was walking to Elijah has his right leg hanging in the air. He stopped breathing and he's not moving at all. Elijah then walks past the soldier and looks around him.

This is the magic Elijah owns - time. He is able to stop time in his desire. The flaw is that his heartbeat will stop whenever he uses this magic. Which means he'll only use it when it is necessary.

He walks inside of the mansion. Walks around and then hide inside of a bush in the garden.

" Cancel, " he whispers again. This time, everything around him moves again. He canceled the magic he activated just now and now time goes on.

' Damn... ' he breathes in and out difficultly. This is a side effect of using the magic. Since his heartbeat stops whenever he activates his power. He'll need to rest for at least five minutes before he kind of recovers.

After some minutes, he finally feels better then he starts observing around him to find his target- Dominique Todd.

" Mr. Todd. " a noble walks to a tall man.

" Hello, how are you? " seems like the tall man is the target.

' Found it. ' Elijah thought as he begins planning on how to kill his target in his mind. He observes the garden and trying to find ways to kill him.

" Kyaa! " a maid trips and falls on the ground, the glass she is holding are all spilled out.

" Oh my god, I'm so sorry lord Todd! " the maid is trembling and she takes a towel and begins drying Dominique's body.

" Is fine, it is not a big deal, I'll go clean up in the bathroom. " Dominique comforts the maid and excuses himself.

' He doesn't seem like a bad person... why would people want to kill him? ' Elijah tracks Dominique who is walking to the bathroom.

" DIRTY KID! GET OUT OF HERE! " suddenly, someone begins yelling. Elijah looks at where the voice from. There's a kid who is struggling while the soldier is trying to drag him out.

" Please don't! I just want to ask for some food! " the kid cries.

" You don't deserve to talk to these nobles! "Soldier shouts at the kid. The kid is trembling and crying like hell.

' Tch... soldiers. " Elijah stares at the soldier with his scornful, purple eyes.

" Hey! What are you doing! " Dominique suddenly shows up and walks towards the children and the soldier.

" Oh my, lord Todd, what are you doing here? " the soldier immediately bows as he pushes the kid's head down to the ground.

" Let go of the kid, how would you be so mean to the kid! Get out! " Dominique scolds and kicks the soldier out of the mansion. Then, he bends down and pats the kid's head, giving the kid some money.