Part two.

Y/n's POV

I hung up the phone with one of my dads clients and smiled to myself. I was finally starting to get the hang of this job. I sent the client a quick and short email before closing my laptop and smiling at Camila.

"You know, I'm so amazing." I joked as I stood up from my chair and walked over to Camila, who was struggling to put her shoes on and brush her hair at the same time.

"Yep. You are the best." Camila rushed through the house as she got ready for an important meeting. "Gotta go, see you tonight." She said before leaving and slamming the door.

I stared at the door for a few seconds and sighed. "Bye." I mumbled sadly after she was long gone.

Moving to New York and working for my dads business had always been my dream. I didn't have a boss, I didn't have a schedule, and I didn't even have a work building. I was able to work wherever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

At first I was really excited, but then I went on to realize that my life was just so... lonely.

I rarely have any social interaction unless it's through the phone with a client, or with Camila. I'm lucky that I have Camila with me, she's my only friend. It's been us two ever since we were little. But she's a busy woman and I rarely see her because of her job. She also has other friends, unlike me. Sometimes I with that I had an actual job with actual people so that at least I had someone to talk to. I had always imagined myself at a workplace, lounging by the water cooler with other co-workers as we chatted about the weather or something random like that.

As of right now, I only have myself. 

I barely leave the house. Sometimes I go the super market or the corner store to buy little things that I need, and other times I go to the park just to enjoy myself a little bit. Other than that, I mostly just stay home. I thought about going on a vacation. Maybe go to the Bahamas or something. I could go anywhere with the financial stability I have. The only reason I don't travel anywhere is because what am I gonna do by myself? I'll still feel lonely, just in a different country.

I sighed as I went to the balcony that overlooked New York. I could see Central Park from here. I watched as everyone bustled through the streets, trying to get to school or work. People honked as skaters dangerously weaved through the cars. Everything was so fast paced in New York, and I felt like I was frozen.

I imagined what others people's lives were like. Did they feel as empty as I did?

As time passed by, I talked to a few more clients before deciding to make some dinner for Camila before she arrived home. She was always a hard worker. I remember in high school when I'd be playing video games and she'd be at my desk doing both of our homework's. I always teased her for being a nerd, but she ended up going to a great college and getting super amazing job.

Me? I got lucky.

I had a job secured since birth. My dad owns a multibillion dollar company that he started when he was younger. He moved to LA and met my mom and that's where I grew up. I took advantage of his company and didn't try at all in school. I thought that since I already had a job lined up for me after high school, I didn't need to have good grades.

My dad didn't think so. He made me step up senior year and actually work hard for my grades, or else he wouldn't give me the job. Before, I despised him for it, but now I'm actually thankful he did it.

I happily danced to the music the I played from the speakers as time passed by. The highlight of my day is when Camila gets home, since I have someone to talk to. I'd never tell her that though. She'd never let me hear the end of it.

Just as the food was finished, I heard the front door opening. Camila shuffled inside and put her bag down in the floor before walking towards me.

"It smells good in here." She looked around. "Did you cook?"

"Yea, I had nothing better to do." I shrugged.

"Uh Oh." She joked as she made herself a plate before going to sit on the couch.

I made myself a plate as well before joining her as she grabbed the remote and turned the tv on. I jokingly grabbed a piece of food from my plate and threw it up in the air before catching it in my mouth.

"Y/n!" Camila hit my arm. "Are you crazy? What if that stained the couch."

"Ow!" I laughed. "It's okay I could just clean it. Or get a new one."

"Yea. Buy a couch everyday. See what that does to your bank account." She pointed at me.

"Oh so you're saying you're only friends with me because of my money?"

"Yes."

I rolled my eyes.

I ate happily as we stared at the murder documentary that was playing on the tv. When Camila finished her plate, she got up and put it in the sink. "Goodnight." She said as she went to her room to get ready for bed.

"Night." I replied.

I went to bed not long after Camila. As I laid down, I closed my eyes. I sighed knowing that when I woke up tomorrow, my day would be almost exactly the same as today.