part twenty two.

The medium sized dog, which was so shy and nervous when in the shelter, was now an energized ball of energy. I loved him and how perfect he was for y/n.

"Come on." Y/n called him over as she jogged ahead of me towards her car. Draco chased her and fell a few times, but he eventually made it safely to the car. Once I approached them two, Y/n opened the passenger seat door for me and held out her hand to help me get into the car. Once I was seated, y/n picked Draco up and placed him on my lap. Y/n closed my door for me and made her way over to the drivers side before pulling out of the shelter parking lot. Instead of going straight to y/n's house, we decided to take a little detour and stop at my house to pick up Toulouse and Myron. Draco was a bit hesitant at first, but the three quickly became friends.

When we arrived to y/n's house, I took the liberty of guiding the dogs into the house while y/n got everything else from the car. Y/n unlocked the door and Draco sniffed around hesitantly.

"This is your new home." Y/n announced to Draco.

As everyone began to get more comfortable, Toulouse hopped on the couch and sat down on one of the cushions. "Toulouse!" I scolded him. "Where are your manners?"

"No, it's totally fine." Y/n made her way over to Toulouse and pet his head. "He made that his spot when he first came over, look." She pointed to a small stain near where Toulouse was sitting.

"He did that?" I asked with a hand over my mouth as y/n nodded. The couch was obviously very expensive and now I feel terrible that Toulouse was the one responsible for staining it. "I'm sorry, i'll pay for a new one."

"What? Are you kidding?" Y/n shook her head with a grin on her face. "That stain is the most interesting part of this house. It's a fun story to tell if anyone asks about it." I laughed as she stood up. "Now that we're talking about it, I want to start adding more things here now. My house is so boring i need to start decorating it more. Maybe some photos or paintings. Any ideas?" She looked over to me.

"You can paint the wall." I said mostly as a joke.

Her face instantly lit up and she ran out of the room. "Oh my God, Ariana, you're a genius!" I heard her yell from down the hall.

"Wait, what?" I curiously ran after her, the dogs following right behind me.

I heard shuffling noises in one of the rooms, so i followed the sound and ended up in Camilas room. Y/n was laying on the floor, looking for something under Camila's bed. Draco ran towards her and hopped on her back, making her laugh. She pulled out a box from under the bed and stood up before approaching me. "We're painting the wall." She told me, holding up a box that i assumed had paint and some brushes in it.

"Are you serious?" I laughed as I followed her out of the room.

With the box still in her hands, she made her way to her room. She set the box down on the bed and opened up a drawer, pulling a t-shirt out. She turned around and held the shirt out to me. "Yes." She smiled down at me. "Now, are you gonna help me or just sit around and look pretty?"

I looked at the floor to try and hide the fact that her little comment made me blush, but nonetheless I gladly took her shirt. "Of course I'm helping. I can't let you mess it up."

She laughed and grabbed another t-shirt for herself. I changed my shirt in her bathroom and when I entered the living room, y/n was already there. I made my way over and sat next to her. We had agreed on painting Draco on the wall, but the box ended up containing only five colors of paint; black, white, green, blue, and yellow. We decided that instead of painting something else, we'd still paint Draco, but we would make him blue instead of brown. Neither of us were skilled artists so I was excited to see how this would turn out.

Surprisingly, the painting was coming out better than I thought. It wasn't the best, but neither of us seemed to care. I looked over to y/n who was singing along to one of the songs on the radio as she painted. She seemed to be in her own little world as she sang along to the song quietly, but loud enough for me to hear. I couldn't help the smile that was growing on my face as she unknowingly began to sing a little louder.

Her eyes flickered to me before her face turned a deep shade of red as she stopped painting and singing and looked over to me. "What?"

Her gaze on me made me nervous, but I still hadn't taken my eyes off of her. She was waiting for me to say something but all of could think about was how cute it was that she had some paint on her cheek and didn't even notice. And about how good her voice is, although I could tell she was shy about it.

"Nothing." I bit my lip and smiled as I continued painting.

(A/N: the picture at the top is what you guys painted on the wall)

When the painting was finished, y/n took a few steps back to admire our work. "This turned out better than I thought." Y/n smiled at me. "Are you sure you wont be more successful as a painter?"

I laughed as she made her way over to me and sat down in her original seat. She looked over to me with the widest smile and the paint that was on her cheek somehow made her look even better. I smiled back at her before pointing to her cheek. "You have some paint right there."

"Really?" She asked, but she didn't seem to care. "Well, you have something right..." She picked up a wet paintbrush and slid over my cheek. "There."

I gasped and she looked at me with a smirk on her face. I quickly grabbed another paintbrush, making y/n scream and run away. I chased after her into the kitchen and the dogs joined in as well, barking and chasing y/n whenever she tried to run. "Get her, Toulouse!" I encouraged him as he bit on her pants and pulled on it. She made it past me into the living room and we were on opposite sides of the couch. There was no where else for her to run, but I couldn't get to her since every time I would go one way to try to get her, she would go the other.

"Give it up, y/n, there's no place left to run." I smirked, knowing I trapped her in an endless loop of running around this couch.

"You can't get me, Grande." She teased, leaning over the couch close enough that I could reach her.

I swiftly moved my arm to paint her face, but she quickly moved back away from the couch. She laughed and put her hands up to the side of her face, wiggling her fingers and taunting me. "Missed me, missed me, now you gotta k-"

I stepped onto the cushions and tried climbing over the couch to get her as she sang her schoolyard taunts at me, but I misplaced my footing, causing me to tumble off of the couch right on top of her. We both fell to the floor, reminding me of that time when y/n was at my house and we were in a similar position, except she was the one on the floor and I was now on top of her. Wasting no time, I took my paintbrush and slid it across her cheek. Y/n sighed in defeat and I smiled triumphantly. Her eyes flickered down to the position we were in, and she looked away as a blush formed on her cheeks. I smirked. I found it amusing how she got so nervous at the simplest things.

An all too familiar feeling sat in my stomach, but i quickly shook it away. It had only been a few months since my last relationship, and it is way too early to even think about getting in another one.

I stood up, extending a hand to y/n, which she gratefully took. "Scratch painting and singing. Football is definitely your calling." Y/n joked and I smiled.

My phone buzzed, letting me know my driver was outside to pick me up. I quickly gathered everything before making my way to the door.

"I'll see you soon?" Y/n asked as she followed me out. I nodded and pulled her into a hug before leaving to go home.

____________________________________

hehehehe hi hope you liked this