part three.

Ariana's POV

"I love you guys, thank you so much!" I blew kisses into the crowd as they all cheered. I walked backstage to the small dressing room where Toulouse was waiting for me. I bent down to give his head a kiss.

I gathered my belongings and waited a few minutes for Pete, since he texted me saying that he was here. After waiting for a few minutes, I walked out of the dressing room and found Roshad.

"Hey, have you seen Pete?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No. I didn't know he came."

I nodded my head and turned around walking back to the dressing room. I grabbed my phone and dialed Pete's number. He didn't answer the first time, so I called him again. After multiple rings, it went to voicemail. I gave up and just decided to go home. I needed to rest since I was leaving for Chicago early in the morning tomorrow. Pete could meet me at home.

I put a leash on Toulouse and grabbed my things before making my way towards the exit since Roshad told me the car was waiting there for me. I got into the car with Toulouse and we began on our way home.

I took the elevator up to my penthouse and took my key from my purse and went to unlock the door. Just as I was approaching the door, it opened, nearly hitting me. I dropped everything that was in my hands and yelped.

"Oh fuck, Ariana." Pete slurred with a chuckle as he stumbled out the door. "My bad."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I've been looking for you. Where have you been?"

He didn't respond. That's when I heard the loud noises coming from inside. I glared at Pete. "Who's in our house?"

"Just a couple friends." He shrugged.

I pushed him away so I could walk into my house and I was not prepared for what I was about to see.

There were about 15-20 people spread throughout my living room and kitchen. A few of them were holding a spoon over a lighter and a few others were snorting lines on the counter. Others were drinking and doing other things that I don't even know what they were. My anger boiled over as I turned to Pete.

"Who the fuck are these people?" I asked angrily.

"Babe, relax." Pete tried soothing me as he  grabbed my wrist.

I pulled away harshly. "No I'm not gonna relax!" I yelled and everyone turned over to me. I didn't care. "What the fuck Pete? I told you that I don't like this stuff!"

"Babe, you're causing a scene." He said so only I could hear.

"I don't care!" I turned around to everyone in the house. "You guys can leave now."

I stayed silent until everyone left. I looked around at the mess that everyone had made. All sorts of drugs and alcohol were on my tables and counter tops.

Pete huffed. "Great fucking job, Ariana. Everyone left."

"Good! I never wanted them here anyway."

"This is my house too Ariana. I can invite my friends over." He raised his voice at me.

Yea, his house that only I pay for. "No Pete. Not those friends."

"Why not! You can't decide who I'm friends with!" He shook his head. "You're such a controlling bitch! 'don't hang out with those people' 'don't do drugs'" He mocked me. "Do you expect me to stay home and do nothing all day?"

"Do you not realize that the things your doing can kill you?" I yelled. "I'm trying to help you Pete, this isn't healthy!"

He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

"And did you forget that I had a show today? I was looking for you the whole time and you weren't even there." I sighed, sitting on the couch.

"So?" He shrugged. "I don't care. You have like 5 more."

Tears welled up in my eyes. I was angry, sad, and tired. I hated arguing with Pete. It's like talking to a brick wall because he will never try to understand how I am feeling. It's like he didn't even care about how I felt anymore.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, getting more frustrated. "Why the fuck are you crying?"

His words just made me cry even more as I buried my face in my hands.

"See? That's the problem with you! You're always so needy! I don't need to be at every fucking show, Ariana!" He yelled.

I wiped my tears away and looked up at Pete. "I think you should go." I whimpered before I could even think about it.

"What?" He asked. "Speak up."

"You should go, Pete." I said more confidently, getting angrier by the second. "Pack your shit and go!" I picked up one of his shirts from the floor and threw it at him. "I'm done."

"Are you crazy?" He asked as I went into my room and grabbed an envelope that had money in it.

He looked up at me as I came back to him and held the envelope out to him. "Here. Get yourself a hotel or do whatever the fuck you want. I don't want you here tonight."

He glared at me before taking the envelope and storming out. He slammed the door, making me flinch. I sat on the couch and buried my face in my hands as I sobbed.

I just want one okay day, please.

It hurt when me and Pete fought. I love him. I stood up and walked over to the door. I hoped that Pete stayed. That maybe I would open the door and see Pete still standing there. I opened the door, but he was long gone.

I realized my things were still on the floor from when I dropped them. I bent down to pick everything up. When I picked up Toulouse's leash, I froze.

Toulouse was missing.

My blood ran cold as I picked up his leash and turned to look to see if he was in the house. I called out for him, but he did not show up. I put a sweater and a pair of shoes on before making my way out the door. I planned on checking every floor of the building starting off with the roof. He's a dog, he couldn't have gone that far.

Right?