part nineteen.

Ariana's POV

I was making food in the kitchen with Courtney as the doorbell rang. "She's here!" I said excitedly as I ran to the front door, nearly tripping on Toulouse.

My mom and nonna, who were sitting in the living room, came over for a surprise visit. Courtney already knew of this, so she came over to help make dinner for all of us. As soon as I was over the initial shock of seeing my mom and nonna, I immediately called y/n and invited her over for dinner so she could meet them. She was the first person I wanted them to meet and I knew that both my mom and nonna would love her; it's really impossible not to.

I stumbled to the door and quickly opened it, revealing a smiling y/n. I pulled her in for a hug and she gladly reciprocated. "Come in! I'm so excited for you to meet them. You're gonna love em."

Just as I pulled y/n in, Courtney called my mom and nonna into the kitchen for dinner. Before y/n sat down in one of the chairs, she made sure to greet everyone. She introduced herself to my momma and nonna as I helped Courtney put the food on the table. I sat down on one of the chair and y/n made her way over, sitting right next to me.

She took a deep breath and wiped her sweaty palms on her pants. I smiled and nudged her with my elbow, prompting her to look over at me. "Don't be nervous." I teased.

She laughed. "Nervous?" She shook her head and took a sip of water. "I don't get nervous."

I playfully rolled my eyes as I filled my plate with the deliciously made food. Small talk was made throughout dinner, but I was really waiting for the moment my mom would begin asking y/n questions. She always does this with new people I introduce her too. She's not mean or rude, but it's always a little nerve wracking when people start asking you questions.

"Do you live around here, y/n?" My mom asked as she wiped her mouth with a napkin.

Oh, here we go.

Y/n smiled. "Yea, I live in Lincoln Square. It's not too far from here, but I prefer driving, so that drive can be long sometimes."

I turned my head to look at y/n and tried my best to hide the shock that ran through my body.

"Wow, that's an expensive place to live. I'm assuming you have a very stable job to keep up with that lifestyle." My mom practically read my mind.

"Yea, I work for my dads company." Y/n nodded.

"What do you guys do?" Nonna asked.

"Mostly we're consulting with business owners who want to grow. We just analyze their profits and give them a step in the right direction." Y/n explains. "Occasionally, we have a few business owners who want us to invest, so we either give them money and get a percentage of their profits, or we buy a share and sell it. Either way the businesses still get the money they need to get started."

To be honest I had no idea what she was talking about, but it sounded really intense. Usually, I just see y/n goofing off and not really batting an eye towards anything, so it's a little weird to think that she has this whole other business persona. It made me nearly laugh just thinking about it. It also made me think about how I know nearly nothing about her. Sure, I knew that if she could have dinner with anyone in the world it would be Madonna and I knew that 'The Circle of Life' reminded her of sunsets, but I didn't know the core things that someone should know about a person.

"What company do you work for?" My mom asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ceozo."

I nearly spit out my water. I wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed when it came to companies, but everyone knows what Ceozo is. Ceozo is a multi-billion dollar company and the fact that her dad owns it makes me question how much money y/n really has.

Obviously, money doesn't mean shit to me. The reason I never really cared to learn about y/n's money situation before was because I never really cared about whether or not y/n had money. I enjoy talking to her and having her next to me, that's why I decided to befriend her. Only a small percentage of people in the world have a billion dollars, so that's why it came as a surprise to me.

The rest of dinner went by pretty smoothly. Once we got off the topic of work and money, y/n really made a good impression on my mom and nonna. For the remainder of the night, we spent our time playing monopoly, which y/n won every time, and we also played uno. It's safe to say my family really liked her. I felt happy knowing that y/n, someone who made my life so much better, got along with my family. I couldn't be happier.

When it got late, my mom and nonna each went to their rooms I had for them since they traveled from Florida and they were pretty tired. Courtney left not long after, leaving me and y/n. Both her and I mutually came to a non verbal agreement that neither of us wanted the night to end yet, so I grabbed a bottle of wine, she grabbed two glasses, and we both made out way to the balcony.

This was the perfect opportunity to learn more about y/n, and I was going to take full advantage.

________________________________

Sorry I completely fell off the face of the earth! I apologize! To make it up to you, another update will be up today!

Also, you'll probably be getting notifications because I'm gonna take out the dates from the top of all the other chapters. I don't really like them anymore.

Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter. Might spice it up a bit in the next chapter!