part eleven.

Ariana's POV

My friends and I decided that it was a good day to go out and do something, but we didn't have anything to do. We were all stumped until y/n suggested that we should go mini golfing since she was the, and I quote, "queen of mini golf".

"Might as well throw in the towel." Y/n told me as I put my golf ball down. "You need a hole in one to beat me."

"Ariana, if you beat her I'll give you a million dollars." Camila rolled her eyes at y/n with a laugh. "I've been trying to beat her for years. I'm getting sick and tired of her making fun of me."

I smirked as I positioned myself in front of the golf ball. Y/n and I have been head to head the whole time. Every so often she would tease me or try to make me mess up, which made me want to beat her in the game even more. I pulled the golf club back and hit the ball lightly towards the hole. Everyone watched in anticipation.

"There's no fucking way." Y/n shook her head.

The ball slowly made its way towards the hole. Everyone was silent as it teetered right on the edge, just before falling in. Everyone cheered and I gave Pete a celebratory hug and kiss. Y/n shook her head in disbelief as Courtney already began her torture and mocked y/n for claiming that she was the mini golf queen.

"Good game." Y/n extended her arm out to me.

I took her hand and shook it with a smile. "I guess I'm the queen of mini golf now, huh?"

"Oh no way." She shook her head with a laugh. "I'm definitely gonna need a rematch. I went easy on you."

I rolled my eyes.

We all made our way to a diner across the street that was pretty much empty, luckily. Other than a few elderly couples, there was no one there, which gave us the opportunity to connect some tables so that all of us could sit together. A nice waitress came to our table and brought us all waters, kindly taking our orders and going back into the kitchen.

I watched y/n, who was sitting across from me, as she tried throwing paper balls into Camila's cup. After a few tries, she finally made one in without Camila noticing. She laughed to herself and I kicked her leg lightly to let her know that I saw what she had done. She laughed as she put her finger to her lips and I pretended to zip my lips shut.

I looked to Pete sitting next to me as he scrolled though his phone. I wanted to tell him to put it down and have a conversation with me, but I didn't want to start anything in front of everyone, so instead I opted to looking at y/n, who was already looking at me.

She smiled at me for a moment before asking,"What's something you enjoy doing that's seen as childish?"

"Going out in the rain and splashing in the puddles." I answered. "A lot of people tell me I shouldn't do it since I could get sick and that it's childish, but I really don't care. It's fun." I shrugged.

Y/n laughed. "Camila likes to do that too, except instead of going outside of the building, she just goes on the balcony because she gets embarrassed of all the people down on the street."

We both simultaneously looked over to Camila, who was taking a few sips from her drink. I watched as the small paper ball that y/n threw before flowed into Camila's mouth and she swallowed it without noticing. I looked over to y/n who stifled her laugh with her hand and brought her finger to her lips again as if to tell me to never speak of it ever again. As if it was the most confidential thing in the world.

Once y/n and I had finally settled down from laughing, y/n spoke again. "When I used to live in LA with my parents, we would go grocery shopping and park as far away as we could." Her smile grew wider as she recalled the memories with her family. "So when we were done shopping, we would jump on the cart and race to the car." She grabbed a straw wrapper and fiddled with it. "I don't go shopping much now in New York anymore, but when I see a cart, I occasionally take it for a spin."

"I bet I could beat you in a race." I quirked an eyebrow.

She tutted just as the waitress arrived with our food. "In your dreams, Grande."

Other than Brian and Scott arguing over whether it was called a Cheese Whopper or a Whopper with Cheese, it was a peaceful dinner. Pete and I said goodbye to everyone before making our way home. As soon as we arrived, I threw myself on the couch and groaned. "I'm so tired."

"You're tired?" Pete smiled as he set his things down on the table and laid down next to me on the couch.

He wrapped his arm around me and I kissed his cheek. "I guess winning at mini golf can be very tiring."

He laughed and leaned in for a kiss before making his way down my jaw and kissing my neck. "You can't be that tired, can you?"

I tilted my head so that he could have better access. A small moan escaped my lips as his small butterfly kissed turned into opened mouth ones.

Pete pulled away and hovered over me with a smile on his face. "Are you still tired?"

I ignored his question and pulled him in for a deep kiss. His hand traveled down my chest and I sat up so that he could remove my shirt. He picked me up and I wrapped my arms around him as he carried me into our bedroom.

Suddenly, I wasn't so tired anymore.