part seven.

Ariana's POV

I had just finished the show in Chicago and was in the car on the way to the airport. Courtney was right next to me, leaning her head on the window of the car as she tried to get some sleep. She flew in right away when I told her about what happened with Pete.

I told her about what happened with Pete and I told her about losing Toulouse. In all honesty, I didn't know if I was more upset about losing Toulouse or breaking up with Pete.

Courtney woke up when the car stopped in front of the airport. We made our way inside and through security. It wasn't that hard since it was really late at night and there wasn't a lot of people. I thanked got for that because I really was not in the mood to put on a fake smile and act like everything was okay in front of people. Right now, I honestly just wanted to cry. And sleep.

Courtney and I, along with a few other crew members, made our way on the plane. I sat by a window and watched as the plane sped down the runway and lifted off into the air.

I held Toulouse's leash tightly in my hand as the plane flew towards California. My heart sank a little bit the further away we got from New York. Every second that I was not with Toulouse hurt more and more. I was literally heading towards the opposite side of the country from him. My hopes for finding him slipped away as the days passed by.

The night he ran away, I stayed up all night looking for him. I went all around New York whistling and yelling for him. People thought I was crazy. I looked everywhere for him, but he just disappeared. Sadly, I had to leave to go to Chicago. As much as I wanted to find Toulouse, I had responsibilities. Wherever Toulouse was, I hoped he was okay. I hoped that maybe someone found him and kept him safe and loved him. And if no one found him, I hoped that he found some other stray dog friends that he could be friends with. I hoped that he was happy.

My heart broke knowing that I would never see him again. I know he is a dog, but Toulouse is the best dog I could've ever asked for. I have many other dogs as well, but Toulouse was special to me. He was always there for me to calm me down after an anxiety attack and cheered me up when I wasn't feeling my best. He didn't even mean to do it, just seeing him made me happier.

I'm so used to turning around and seeing him right behind me. I found myself whistling for Toulouse a few times before realizing he wasn't there with me. I asked a few friends in New York to keep an eye out for him, but it's a very low chance that they will find him. New York is huge and has many people and many animals, so it would be impossible to spot Toulouse.

I almost even posted about it, but scooter talked me out of it. He told me that people would lie about having him and it would just be too much of a confusion to find out who had Toulouse and who didn't. He said it was safer to just hope that Toulouse would show up.

I haven't been in social media much because I just wasn't in the mood, but I felt like I've been too disconnected from my fans, so I grabbed my phone and opened up twitter. I replied to some fans and followed a few of them. I then decided to respond to some DM's. As I scrolled down all the messages, there was one that caught my eye. I clicked on it and read the message.

I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I couldn't help it

I didn't want to get my hopes up, but I couldn't help it. My eyes brimmed with tears as I came to the realization that I may be reunited with Toulouse. I checked the time, and although it was late, I decided to try my luck. I quickly dialed the number into my phone and called the number. After a few rings, someone answered the phone.

"Hello?"