part twelve.

Y/n's POV

My legs were beginning to get tired after all of the walking I did today. First, Courtney and I walked to Starbucks from my house, which was already a really long walk. Then, Ariana wanted me to bring her a drink and she was on the other side of town. I couldn't say no to her, so I walked all the way to the opposite side of town just so that Ariana could have her drink.

I held the small drink in one hand as I knocked on the door with the other. A few moments later, Ariana opened the door with a smile on her face.

"A grande for Grande." I held out the hot drink to her.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Never heard of that one before."

"I like to be original." I shrugged smugly.

Ariana pulled me into her house and I heard a song I didn't recognize playing through the speakers. It wasn't loud, but it was enough where it was noticeable. "Stay, please. I'm so bored."

"What am I?" I asked as I leaned on her kitchen counter. "Your jester?"

"Yes." She nodded before taking a small sip of her drink. "Now dance!" 

I followed her command and jokingly began dancing in her kitchen. She laughed as I did a spin and nearly fell. I took the cup from her and placed it down on the counter before taking her hand and spinning her around.

I looked down and saw Toulouse running at me at full speed. The wooden floors made it impossible for him to stop, so he slid before crashing into a chair behind me. "Oh my god, Toulouse!" Ariana laughed. He quickly got up and trotted towards me with a wagging tail. I bent down to pet him as Ariana made her way to the counter.

It was then I realized that she was cooking something. I stood up and made my way to her as she mixed a few things in a bowl.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I stood behind her.

"Making food." She replied vaguely.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Well, I knew that."

She turned around to face me with a smile. "Then why'd you ask?" She walked past me to the stove and turned it on.

"Let me rephrase." I followed her to the stove. "What are you making?"

"Vegan zucchini fritters." She answers with a smile. "Want some?"

I was actually pretty hungry, so I nodded. She put a portion of the contents in the bowl into the pan and it sizzled.

"Okay so I'll make the food and you'll set the table. Deal?" She held her hand out.

I took her hand and shook it. "Deal."

"Plates and cups are in there." She pointed to a cupboard before going back to cooking.

I got two plates and two cups and put them on the table across from each other. I looked around for the forks and knives before Ariana just got them for me. "Thank you." I smiled as I took them from her and placed them by the plates.

"Bam." I said as I showed her the finished table. "Am I good or am I good?"

Ariana playfully rolled her eyes. "You're adequate."

"You're mean." I retorted.

"Oh stop being a big baby and come eat." She turned off the stove and brought a big plate full of food to the table.

I sat in the seat and my mouth watered as she set the plate down. She sat across from me and I immediately began to dig in. I was a little hesitant since I've never really tasted vegan food, but honestly, it was one of the best things I've ever tasted.

"If we were making a time capsule that would be opened in the future, what would you put in it?" I asked as she swallowed her food.

She paused for a moment. "How far into the future?"

"A million years."

"I don't know." She shrugged. "What about you?"

"My DNA, or something that contains it." I said as I shoveled another fork full of food into my mouth.

"That's stupid."

"You're stupid." I retorted and she laughed. "What if they can bring me back to life?"

"You'll only be a clone." She rolled her eyes. "With no recollection or memories from your past life."

I shook my head. "You don't know that."

"Neither do you."

"Touché." I nodded. "I'll still put my DNA in anyway. I'll live forever."

"I think I'd put my discography." She said after a moment of thinking. "I don't think I would physically want to live forever, but in some way, I'd live forever through my music."

"Yea! And after they clone me, I'll be listening to your music in the year 1,000,000."

Throughout dinner, I occasionally "dropped" a few pieces on the floor so that Toulouse could have some too. I ate until I physically couldn't anymore and leaned back in my seat.

I scrunched my nose. "That was horrible."

Ariana playfully scoffed as she picked up her plate and began washing it in the sink. "Really? Is that why you ate more than half of it?"

"I only did it to be nice." I got my plate and stood beside her in front of the sink as I washed my plate next to her.

Suddenly, Ariana's foamy hand came into contact with my face as she put soap all over me. My jaw dropped as I looked at her in surprise.

"That's what you get." She shrugged with a smirk.

I quickly grabbed the spray nozzle and before she could react, I sprayed water all over her, causing her to yelp. "That's what you get." I mocked her jokingly.

She quickly reached for the nozzle in my hand, and we fought for it as it sprayed all over us and the floor. I tried tickling her with my other hand in hopes that she would release the nozzle, but that only caused her to spazz out and slip on the water. Ariana grabbed onto my shoulder, taking me down with her. We landed on the ground with a loud thud.

I looked over to Ariana who had her face buried into her hands. I was worried since I landed on top of her, so I might have had hurt her. It looked like she was crying, so I hovered over her. "Are you okay? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you."

She didn't respond for a few seconds and I really thought she was crying until she let out a loud laugh. She removed her hands away from her face and she was red from the amount she had been laughing. "Oh my god, I'm gonna pee!" She laughed even harder.

I hung my head and laughed. I was thankful that I hadn't hurt her. Our laughter died down and I looked down at Ariana as she laid down under me. It was then I realized the compromising position we were in. She seemed to realize too as she looked up at me. We stared at each other in silence for a few moments. Before I couldn't even think or say anything, someone knocked on the front door, causing me and Ariana to get up quickly.

My face turned red from embarrassment as Ariana went to open the door. I saw Pete walk in and give Ariana a kiss. He saw me and smiled. "Hey y/n."

"Sup Pete." I smiled at him before looking over to Ariana. "I should probably head home. Do you need help with the mess?" I referred to the wet floor by the sink.

She shook her head and declined politely. "It's okay. I got it." 

I nodded as I made my way towards the door. "I'll see you guys later." 

I left as quickly as possible and speed walked towards the elevator. Ariana definitely caught me staring before and she probably thought it was weird. I mentally kicked myself the whole walk home.